Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 7, 2010
- Top cloud computing leaders: Jim Reavis
Jim Reavis, head of the Cloud Security Alliance and proponent of cloud computing standards, comes in at number nine on our top cloud computing leaders list.
- Software router on server cluster delivers 40 Tbps throughput
With their RouterBricks project, Intel researchers have substantially increased the potential throughput of software routers. Software-based routers, which used to be limited by the processing power of a single server, could now theoretically deliver up to 40 terabits per second of throughput by linking multiple servers together.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Marten Mickos
Marten Mickos, open source legend, CEO of Eucalyptus Systems and former CEO of MySQL, comes in at number seven on our list of the top cloud computing leaders.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Lew Moorman
Lew Moorman, head of Rackspace and boss behind of the company's humanized support team, comes in at number four on our list of the top cloud computing leaders.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Vivek Kundra
Vivek Kundra, CIO of the U.S. government and proponent of bringing cloud computing into the government's IT infrastructure, comes in at number two on our cloud leaders list.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Dr. Werner Vogels
Dr. Werner Vogels, CTO and vice president of Amazon.com and the most important leader in cloud computing, shook IT to its core with Amazon Web Services.
- Top 10 cloud computing leaders
From the CTO of Amazon to the founder of Rackspace, our list of the top 10 leaders in cloud computing contains the most influential names in the cloud industry.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Larry Ellison and Marc Benioff
Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle, and Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.com, come in together at number five on our top cloud computing leaders list.
- AD Federation Services 2.0 drops with added cloud support
The updated version of Microsoft's claims-based identity software has single sign-on capabilities for apps both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Oracle hardware support plan stings Sun VARs
VARs say Sun shops may jump ship to HP or IBM hardware, given new Oracle hardware support policies.
- Citrix XenClient inches toward availability
Citrix will show a release candidate of its Xen-based client hypervisor at its annual conference next week, but XenClient and IT departments aren't quite ready.
- Oracle VirtualBox 3.2 beta improves VM performance
The release of Oracle VirtualBox 3.2 beta provides solutions providers with new features, such as memory ballooning and CPU hot plugging, as well as a number of fixes for crashes.
- Capellas to head cloud computing for EMC's venture
The former chief executive of MCI and Compaq will run Acadia, the private cloud venture from VMware, Cisco and EMC.
- Data migration projects: Avoid data migration errors with automation, orphaned storage remediation
Learn the top three things users should do when planning a data migration project, what data migration tools you should have, describe some of the most common data migration errors, and describe some storage environment challenges when migrating data.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Dave Girouard
Dave Girouard, president of Google's growing enterprise business and proponent of big investments in public cloud, is number six on our top cloud leaders list.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Thorsten von Eicken
Thorsten von Eicken, CTO and co-founder of rapidly expanding cloud computing management firm RightScale, ranks at number three on our list of cloud computing leaders.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Honorable mention
Sam Johnston, Open Cloud Computing Interface founder, and Chris Weitz, director with Deloitte Consulting, round out our list of the top cloud computing leaders.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Joe Weinman
Joe Weinman, authority on cloud economics and head of stategy and business development for AT&T, comes in at number eight on our cloud leaders list.
- Top cloud computing leaders: Chris Hoff
Chris Hoff, security guru and director of cloud and virtualization solutions at Cisco, comes in at number 10 on our top cloud computing leaders list.
- Five top concerns about cloud service providers
Cloud service providers are being asked by IT execs to lay bare their security, data integration, compliance and performance capabilities -- and to have an exit strategy.
- ICICI Bank phishing fraud case: Is the organization at fault?
Judgment against ICICI bank in a recent phishing fraud case is a game changer for Indian banking, with effect on other verticals. Be worried, very worried!
- BI reporting tools aid Piramal Diagnostics's financial analysis
Clinical diagnostic chain leverages BI reporting tools to improve collation, formatting and analysis of nation-wide financial data.
- Trading firm turns to HDS, InMage for disaster recovery replication
With an outage of its mission critical server possibly costing thousands of dollars a minute, Interbank FX went with a long-distance DR setup using InMage Scout to replicate data.
- Cloud.com plugs do-it-yourself private cloud software
Cloud.com launches private cloud infrastructure software in a busy market, but can the company rise above the fray?
- Amazon EC2 pricing models for India: An overview
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has already generated interest in the nascent Indian cloud computing market. Here's a look at Amazon EC2 pricing models for India.
- Microsoft virtualization strategy Q&A with David Greschler
The Microsoft virtualization strategy involves server and desktop virtualization, plus cloud. Hear from Microsoft's integrated virtualization strategy director, David Greschler.
- Containerized data centers: Is a box a good fit?
Data centers in shipping containers caught on as Microsoft deployed a data center in the equivalent of a parking garage. But should you be considering this option in your future data center design? Learn what two experts think about data center containers, and how and where they are a good fit to meet the needs of a data center facility.