Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 14, 2010
- White House moves Recovery.gov to Amazon Web Services
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra backed up his pro-cloud commitments by launching the first fully cloud-powered federal IT project.
- Smartphones make inroads in mobile TMS
Smartphones are emerging as platforms for mobile transportation management system (TMS) software.
- VAR guide: Virtualization certifications and storage certifications
IT certifications can bolster business for any networking solution provider. In this guide, you'll learn about virtualization certifications and storage certifications as they pertain to networking solution providers.
- EMC conference recap: EMC World 2010
EMC World 2010 featured lots of virtualization news from EMC. This EMC conference recap has all the details on EMC's virtualization networking and storage strategies.
- Fake CV spam campaign marks return on malicious email attachments
Websense says the spam blast, featuring 230 million messages, lasted just hours but if opened it could have given attackers free reign over victim machines.
- Virtual application delivery controllers could lead to better apps
Virtual application delivery controllers offer engineers flexibility in how they architect networks. If they put these virtual appliances into the hands of developers, those developers will deliver applications that are optimized for the production network.
- Office 2010 debuts, SAP snaps up Sybase; other news
Office 2010 hits; SAP's Sybase buy examined; Gremlins beset AWS data center; more headlines.
- Citrix XenServer 5.6 adds new management capabilities
With Citrix XenServer 5.6, the company has added a new Host Power Management feature, new snapshot capabilities and increased hardware support.
- More VARs are selling managed services as vendor strife spreads
Selling managed services helps VARs promote their own brand and value versus that of their vendor partners.
- A CIO's approach to managing single sign-on in the cloud
Medical informatics provider Schumacher Group integrates on-premises and Software-as-a-Service-based client identities with a single sign-on service.