Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
- Rotation of job profiles: Proven best practice to reduce attrition
Job rotation is a useful way to relieve employee boredom and combat attrition—but companies must be careful when it comes to rotation of job roles.
- Cloud computing platforms, applications study guide
Learn about cloud computing platforms and cloud computing applications with this study guide and get information on cloud requirements, pricing, categories and features.
- Unsecured wireless networks in 60% of Mumbai's WiFi enabled businesses: KPMG
KPMG announces results of wireless security survey; unsecured wireless networks common in Mumbai's businesses.
- Violin 3000 series pushes SSD capacity pricing toward Fibre Channel SAN
Violin Memory will offer 20 TB flash capacity in 3U appliance with new Violin 3000 SSD appliance by next year; sees price parity with Fibre Channel SANs (FC SANs).
- BMC launches cloud lifecycle management software
BMC's Cloud Lifecycle Management service aims to manage and monitor the governance, performance, and compliance of your cloud services.
- Website malware scanning service uncovers drive-by -downloads
Service alerts financial institutions and other companies about malware on their websites.
- Web browser security guide: Safari, IE, Firefox browser protection
This learning Web browser security learning guide identifies the inherent flaws of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, introduces viable Web browser alternatives, and provides tools and tactics to maximize your Web browsing security and browser protection.
- Enterprises accept netbooks as worthy desktop devices
Some businesses have adopted netbooks as supplements to traditional PCs or laptop replacements -- but there are many others that have resisted.
- Midmarket ERP software selection best practices
In this podcast transcript, discover expert advice for selecting ERP software for midmarket manufacturers.
- Has IT Amendment Act 2008 created a new audit domain?
IT Amendment Act 2008 may have created the need for a proper audit and compliance regime, and in the process created an opportunity for Indian infosec industry.
- Sify-HP cloud computing: Pricing details and more
New on-demand cloud services from Sify uses HP's converged infrastructure. Here's a look at how much Sify and HP cloud computing services will cost you.
- Cloud computing complicates customer-vendor relationships
Find out how both customers and vendors can adapt to the contractual demands of a cloud computing environment in this podcast with Jeff Kaplan of THINKstrategies.
- Backup with deduplication: An essential guide
Learn about data deduplication best practices in this essential guide on data dedupe and backup technology.
- SUSE Linux users nervous as Novell explores options
Novell is reportedly for sale, causing concern in SUSE Linux community.
- Smart grid tutorial: What IT managers should know
This smart grid tutorial explains what enterprise IT managers should know about the technology and how it will be applied to your business's wide area network (WAN).
- Federal agencies scrambling on DNSSEC implementation
Federal deployments of DNSSEC are lagging markedly. Learn more about what the governement is doing to catch up.
- The director switch: Basic SAN switch, plus scalability and high availability
One director-class switch can supplant multiple SAN switches and deliver scalability, high availability and a number of advanced features for Fibre Channel SANs.
- KHOBE attack technique fails to gain major security threat status
Security experts say the potential of the attack shouldn't strike fear at enterprises. Enterprise CISOs should place their focus on other priorities.
- How to work with the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
With fewer resources and tighter budgets, here's how to do more for less alongside the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
- McAfee to acquire Trust Digital for smartphone security
The acquisition adds mobile security software to McAfee's endpoint security product set.
- IBM/Sterling combo could expand BPM cloud computing across supply chains
IBM's purchase of Sterling Commerce could make BPM an integral part of cloud computing supply chain management, but what happens to Sterling's product line?
- Vizioncore promises faster VMware backups: News in brief
Support for VMware Change Block Tracking delivers faster backup times; and other news in brief.