Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 28, 2010
- Test your knowledge of IT technical skills in the cloud
In this quiz on IT skills and cloud computing, find out how much you know about IT functions and programming languages being used in the cloud.
- Legal compliance: Preparing for an e-discovery request
Does your company have a legal compliance issue? We tell you how to prepare for an e-discovery request involving physical data and electronically stored information.
- Why the Carbon Reduction Commitment is bad for data centres
The Carbon Reduction Commitment will not significantly reduce our carbon emissions, and it will also threaten to stifle growth and innovation in a sector vital for our economic and environmental health, according to this managed hosting provider.
- FAQ: An introduction to the ISO 31000 risk management standard
Learn more about ISO 31000:2009, a new risk management standard: It's plainly written, short, process-oriented and relevant reading for anyone dealing with risk.
- FTC again delays Red Flags Rule enforcement deadline
Fifth extension comes at the request of members of Congress who are considering limiting the scope of businesses covered by the law.
- Podcast: Web testing practices to enable Agile software delivery
Expert Matt Heusser explains how agile software development affects the construction of software and which best practices can be used to improve the process. "There is no way to automate every aspect of software testing, but there are lots of parts that can be automated -- and should be," says Heusser.
- VMware flashes secret vCloud Service Director plan; Cisco falls victim to cert cheaters; other news
VMware flashes secret vCloud Service Director plan for linking private, public clouds; Cisco falls victim to cert cheaters
- VMware Workstation 7.1 includes new features, support
VMware Workstation 7.1 has new features, such as OpenGL support for Windows 7 and Vista, automatic software updates as well as support for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Do you have the cloud skills to pay the bills?
Would-be cloud architects, developers and IT pros need to understand each layer of the technology stack to be successful in a cloud computing world. Discover those layers in this special report.
- How to set goals and manage software projects and teams
As a project manager developing software, how do you set goals, how do you assess problems and instruct your team to solve them? Learn how industry leaders have found success ways to address managerial and application pitfalls.
- PCI tokenization guidance could benefit payment processors
Framework could help merchants decide how to invest in new card data encryption and tokenization technologies being offered by payment processors.
- New CIO on the block: Sanjeev Kumar joins Adhunik as EVP and group CIO
SAP, business intelligence, disaster recovery, data center consolidation, business continuity planning and green IT on the new group CIO's roadmap.
- SGI adds storage for ICE Cube data center platform; and other data storage news
SGI expands ICE Cube modular data center platform; Tandberg adds LTO-5 tape; SteelEye extends data replication; Nasuni adds reporting tool for cloud storage.
- 'Zero clients' promise to replace fat clients but have downsides
Thin-client vendors have added more capabilities to their hardware, making them smarter but harder to manage. Zero clients solve that problem, but they introduce others.
- University of Arizona chooses Microsoft for cloud computing
The university has selected Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite to provide cloud-based collaboration and email services to its students and faculty.
- Tandberg Data releases LTO-5 tape libraries and other data backup news
This week's data backup and recovery news in brief: Tandberg Data releases LTO-5 tape libraries and autoloaders, AppAssure releases Replay version 4.3 for Hyper-V; and more.