Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 4, 2010
- Backup is too hard
Storage environments are getting more complex, which makes data protection even tougher. While backup software does more these days, it's still frustrating the hell out of users.
- Sun hardware sales fade under Oracle
The Sun server hardware franchise saw tough times in the first quarter. Under Oracle ownership, Sun's hardware lost share, falling to fifth place in Unix servers below Fujitsu.
- TechEd 2010: Complete conference coverage
Check this page often to check out what's happening at TechEd 2010.
- Manufacturers turn to SaaS BPM to tighten supply chains
Prepackaged business processes go online as manufacturers seek better trading-partner integration from SaaS BPM.
- WAN acceleration allows law firm to share SAN data across distances
Law firm uses Riverbed Steelhead WAN acceleration products to replicate data and share storage and networking across three continents. WAN optimization helps firm reduce bandwidth.
- HP data center reorg prompts VAR angst
The HP data center reorg involves 9,000 data center layoffs and 6,000 rehires for services and sales positions, which could mean less business opportunities for solution providers.
- Engine Yard offers new PaaS with no lock-in
xCloud, Engine Yard's new Platform as a Service offering, allows developers to work on Terremark's cloud infrastructure.
- Top SearchITChannel.com stories for May 2010
The Hyper-V, VMware choice, and the power it gives virtualizing VARs, was just one of the hot topics for SearchITChannel.com readers in May.
- HP introduces new data storage consolidation products and other SMB data storage news
This week's SMB data storage news in brief: HP introduces new storage consolidation products for SMBs; SMBs utilize online data backup service from AT&T and more.
- Server hardware basics for virtualisation
A checklist of things to consider when selecting hardware for your virtual infrastructure, according to a product manager at Dell.
- LTE networks: Reality check on vendors, deployments and EPC technology
Check out the reality of LTE networks and the progress in 3G migration, including the evolved packet core (EPC) technology market and LTE vendor positioning.
- HP and IBM gear up for another midmarket IT push
But VARs say midmarket IT spending remains iffy as confidence in an economic recovery wavers.
- What is Windows Server AppFabric?
There are two versions of AppFabric – one for cloud applications and another for in-house apps. Here's what they can do for you.
- Should Windows shops give in to cloud-based backups?
While the technology exists to put your primary backups in the hands of another, it may not be the most reliable option in every situation.