Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 11, 2010
- Data security in financial services, IT security jobs in UK on the rise
A recent survey from Deloitte sees a rise in security spending on data security in financial services, as well as IT security posts in the UK.
- E-discovery firm pushes out tiered storage with primary storage data reduction
E-discovery data processing firm LDiscovery moves away from tiered storage by compressing more data onto its primary BlueArc NAS array with Ocarina deduplication.
- Storage Decisions: IT disaster recovery planning not only about natural disasters
Experts at Storage Decisions say a lot goes overlooked in DR planning, including the causes of most disasters and how to respond to people outside your organization during a crisis.
- How to license a virtual environment
Find out how to maximise savings and deal with the licensing conundrum that is the virtual world.
- House Committee to hold hearing on cloud computing
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra may meet pushback in Congressional hearings over his cloud computing plans.
- Cloud computing service aids Viva Infomedia's growing business needs
When latency and high scalability became roadblocks for enterprise mobility player Viva Infomedia's business, a cloud computing service became the ally.
- Exchange 2007 SP3 adds Windows Server 2008 R2 support
If you're staying on Exchange 2007 but eyeing Windows Server 2008 R2, Exchange 2007 SP3 is the answer. But could Exchange 2010 SP1 offer more value?
- Google bug hunter discovers serious Windows XP flaw
Google engineer Tavis Ormandy releases details on a new zero-day vulnerability affecting the Windows Help and Support Center. Microsoft acknowledges the hole.
- Interest in SAP MII implementations up as manufacturers seek better visibility
More manufacturers are seeking manufacturing intelligence tools, and increasingly SAP MII is the pick for SAP shops.
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server gets VMware endorsement
VMware now supports and distributes the Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server operating system with vSphere and also plans to use the OS for all its virtual appliances.
- TIBCO talks cloud strategy for the enterprise
Sriram Chakravarthy, TIBCO's head of cloud strategy, shares the integration giant's views on enterprises and cloud computing.
- Windows 7 and 2008 R2 service packs go beyond virtualization
While dynamic memory features have received most of the press, the first service pack for Windows 2008 R2 will also include improvements to DirectAccess and Active Directory.
- The Daily Cloud repository for June
June's editions of The Daily Cloud include Microsoft's email agreement with the state of Kentucky, Google's new cloud calculator and HP's $1 billion cloud computing shift.
- HP buys instant-on Linux to boost handheld efforts
HP has purchased Phoenix Technologies' slim Linux OS HyperSpace along with HyperCore and PhoenixFlip technologies, which could help the company in the tablet and mobile device market.