Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 18, 2010
- Citrix Receiver app to deliver virtual desktop to your iPad: News Roundup
Orange Business Services joins VMware vCloud; VMware forms OEM partnership with Novell for Linux Enterprise Server; and more news of the week
- Ingram Micro signs up with EPA to promote green IT for VARs
IT distribution giant Ingram Micro joins EPA Climate Leaders Program, stepping up efforts to help VARs foster green IT, packaging.
- Running mobile ERP on smartphones
As ERP and supply chain software moves to smartphones, developers are learning to navigate each platform's limitations for running mobile ERP.
- Cloud honcho says old IT model is dead
Eric Pulier, founder of SOA Software Inc. and head of ServiceMesh, talks to Carl Brooks about the shift to cloud computing among large companies like Deutsche Bank and AT&T.
- Frustration growing over limited ability to shut down botnets
Botnets are growing and security research teams are virtually powerless to do anything about it.
- Star India completes migration of data center infra
After taking the decision for migration of its data center setup from Hong Kong to India, Star India had to meet enormous expectations.
- Law school council IT disaster recovery plan aces its examinations
After watching member schools devastated by Hurricane Katrina, Pennsvlvania-based LSAC put in a disaster recovery plan with Hewlett-Packard storage to beat recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) goals.
- Intel Core vPro management pack now available for SCSM 2010
To help simplify remote management, solutions providers can now use the Intel Core vPro Processor management pack with Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
- Manufacturers offset transportation carbon footprints with GreenShipping
With growing government and public interest in reducing carbon emissions, more manufacturers are turning to green technology. GreenShipping helps manufacturers track and offset their transportation carbon footprints.
- Microsoft unveils online fraud reporting system
Internet Fraud Alert will give researchers a place to report stolen online bank account credentials and other compromised data.
- Will you lose profit through the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme?
Practical steps on how to make the most of the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, according to a data centre management consultancy
- How to migrate from ESX v3.5 to ESX4i on HP Blades
How to migrate from VMware ESX Classic to ESXi, a HP blade infrastructure revamp, and why it's imperative to get a SYSLOG server when tackling ESXi, according to a VMware expert
- IBM opens new Mass Lab: focus on cloud computing, mobile technologies
Big Blue has set up a major new operation in Massachusetts—3400 developers and researchers to push the envelope on IBM's technology