Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
- Mahindra & Mahindra deploys telepresence solution at three locations
After initials doubts about the technology's viability, Mahindra & Mahindra opts for Cisco's TelePresence solution.
- Amazon.com attempts IT switch to cloud computing
Amazon's internal IT is starting down the road to cloud computing, but the company's in the same boat as other enterprises: switching isn't always easy.
- The ins and outs of successful business intelligence management
How much emphasis do you put on business intelligence management? Learn how to improve strategy and user adoption, and get tips on BI tools, in this guide.
- Deep packet Inspection primer
This deep packet inspection (DPI) technology primer looks at how and why DPI is used by wireline and wireless network operators for traffic management and analysis, and how net neutrality principles have made its use controversial.
- Stack computing not catching on, but could hold promise in the cloud
Integrated computing stacks from Oracle and IBM aren't catching on with most CIOs, but some see an advantage when they're connected with architectures for private cloud computing.
- High availability provides disaster recovery for day-to-day emergencies
Businesses in at-risk geographic locations turn to products and services such as QuorumLabs onQ appliances and Double-Take HA replication software to recover from server outages.
- EMC acquires Greenplum for data warehouse, analytics
EMC buys Greenplum for its massively parallel processing database platform to extend its product portfolio outside of storage; is a competitor to Oracle's ExaData in the works?
- More firms targeted by advanced persistent threats, study finds
A Ponemon survey found 83% of respondents believe their organization has been targeted by an advanced persistent threat.
- VARs: The year of desktop virtualization approaches
Regulatory compliance requirements and new third-party tools bolster VDI adoption.
- Microsoft warns of increased Windows XP attacks against zero-day
Attackers are targeting a serious Windows Help Center flaw in increasing numbers, Microsoft warned.
- Former bank technician pleads guilty in identity-theft scheme
Prosecutors say ex-contractor stole data from 2,000 bank employees and siphoned $1.1 million from nonprofits.
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich opts for IBM hot water-cooled supercomputer
The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich has chosen IBM's hot water-cooled supercomputer, which also generates warmth for the university's buildings; plus more daily news.
- Indian ISP launches consumer cloud
Sify Technologies will offer its Sify mylife consumer cloud service platform, with 'enhanced cyber security,' in cybercafes and Indian homes and businesses.