Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, July 23, 2010
- BI 3.0: Business intelligence's next iteration
Traditional notions about business intelligence (BI) are being replaced by a new concept known as BI 3.0. We explore what BI 3.0 is all about.
- IBM unveils zEnterprise mainframe
IBM has announced the availability of its zEnterprise mainframe system, which is said to be 40% to 60% faster than its previous system; plus more daily news.
- Cloud security fears delay L.A. deal with Google
A lucrative 'government cloud' contract between Los Angeles, Google and CSC has run into security problems, slowing down the project and costing the companies thousands of dollars.
- Microsoft: Vulnerability disclosure will be coordinated, rather than 'responsible'
While responsibility remains an imperative, it should be shared between researchers and security and software vendors, Microsoft said. Some security researchers are not impressed.
- Deadline looms for iPhone iOS 4 users needing Exchange access
Apple released an update to the iPhone iOS 4.0.0 to fix issues with Exchange ActiveSync that caused heavier than normal server loads and sync issues.
- Will pending law make California too costly for data centers?
The state of California has considered three legislative proposals that may greatly increase the cost of building and operating data centers in the Golden State.
- Infortrend adds SSDs from STEC; and other data storage news
Infortrend adds STEC ZeusIOPS SSDs; LaCie upgrades 8 Gbps Fibre Channel storage; Tandberg Data ships 1 TB RDX removable disk; Iron Mountain offers service to convert files into EMR system; and other data storage news.
- WNS' SIEM tool boosts inhouse incident management capabilities
Leading Indian BPO WNS Global Services recently implements security incident event management (SIEM) tool to manage security incidents in real time.
- IBM zEnterprise mainframe embraces Unix and Linux
In a tacit nod to heterogeneity, IBM's new zEnterprise 196 can manage workloads running on IBM Unix and Linux blades.