Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, August 2, 2010
- Oracle backup best practices
Learn Oracle backup best practices in this column from backup and recovery expert W. Curtis Preston.
- Burton Group brands XenDesktop first 'enterprise-ready' server-hosted virtual desktop
With the release of XenDesktop 4 Service Pack 1, Citrix is the first to meet the analyst's requirements; plus more daily news.
- Background employment screening decreases insider threats, study says
In a down economy, more applicants are lying on their CVs to gain employment, a study finds. Background employment screening can help detect dishonesty before new hires become insider threats.
- Cloud Security Alliance multiple-choice exam easy peasy
The Cloud Security Alliance, in an attempt to solidify cloud security standards, has announced a security certification for anyone who can pass a multiple-choice exam.
- Mobile digital pad/pen helps secure patient data collection
The midwives of Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust have recently transitioned to a mobile digital pad/pen system of data entry that cuts time and helps secure patient data.
- Microsoft releases emergency patch for Windows flaw
Critical update comes a week ahead of Microsoft's regular Patch Tuesday, amid increased malware attacks.
- Laptop data backup and desktop data backup best practices
Laptop and desktop backup is just as important as enterprise data backup. Learn about the best practices to follow for backing up your laptop and desktop data in this Q&A.
- Eli Lilly officially ends talks to expand Amazon Web Services use
Much-touted Amazon Web Services customer Eli Lilly confirms it is not expanding use of the cloud computing provider's services.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity testing best practices
We've compiled our top seven tips and articles on BC and DR testing to help you design the best BC and DR plans and tests for your company.
- IDC: Cloud providers to spend $718 million on servers by 2014
Research from IDC predicts that public cloud computing providers will spend more than 700 million dollars a year on server sales by 2014.
- Virtualization drives systems management trends
Survey results reflect that increased server virtualization deployments and improved automation capabilities have contributed to the growing demand in systems management tools.
- 10 GbE and data center move offers law firm future storage options
Law firm ties upgrade to 10 Gigabit Ethernet technology with data center move, shift to NAS storage and purchase of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Pancetera Unite helps speed up virtual machine backup
Startup brings out Pancetera Unite to reduce I/O requirements and accelerate backups of virtual machines; the vendor promises other management capabilities.
- LTO tape media data transfer rate to increase in smaller increments through LTO-8 tape
The LTO Program announces generations LTO-6 though LTO-8 of LTO tape media; data transfer rates will increase, but in smaller increments through LTO-8.
- VMware turns up volume on discounts
VMware publishes volume discounts; Eli Lilly shops for new cloud provider; other news.
- Adoption of cloud computing: How does it affect the CIO?
While adoption of cloud computing is a big win for companies, the evident side effect is that it does alter the CIO's responsibilities. But to what extent?
- Data center disaster recovery plan template and guide
Read our guide on data center disaster recovery planning, and then download our free data center disaster recovery plan template.