Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, August 16, 2010
- Dell acquires thin provisioning pioneer 3PAR to expand data storage product lineup
Dell's acquisition of 3PAR strengthens its Fibre Channel SAN platform; vendor has acquired thin provisioning, iSCSI, NAS, and primary data deduplication technologies over the past three years.
- New 6 Gbps flash SSD boosts Micron solid-state offerings
Micron Technology Inc.'s new flash SSD, the RealSSD P300, is built on a 6 Gbps SATA interface and boasts higher capacities and better performance than its predecessor. Keywords
- Oracle to take more Sun hardware renewal biz direct
Many Sun VARs will no longer be able to sell Sun hardware support come October.
- Choosing a wireless networking vendor
When selecting wireless networking vendors as partners, you want to make sure you fully understand the benefits as a reseller. This Partner Program Directory examines wireless vendors across the board, including major vendors and some smaller ones. Check out each Partner Program Checklist to learn about the wireless equipment vendors' reseller benefits.
- Choosing data archiving software and other data archiving best practices
There are a number of important data archiving best practices, but the most important ones (that are rarely followed) are simply to archive at all and to use data archiving software.
- Data center consolidation best practices for disaster recovery planners
Many organizations large and small are finding a need to consolidate their data. Follow these best practices for your data center consolidation.
- Compliance Product Spotlight: File share, GRC, Solvency II offerings
Here are some of the latest compliance products and risk management solutions that can help your company stay in step with the governance, risk and compliance regulations.
- VMware's fortunes hinge on cloud strategy success
VMware has locked up the hypervisor lead in the data center and now wants to dominate cloud services. Enterprise IT shops must weigh its expertise against Microsoft in the enterprise and Google in the cloud.
- Zeus Trojan: Data-stealing malware transfers pound 675,000 from UK bank
Researchers say the Zeus Trojan is responsible for a breach at a major UK financial institution involving thousands of accounts, siphoning off more than half a million pounds.
- Dell bolsters storage portfolio with 3PAR acquisition
Dell, adding to its storage virtualisation portfolio, is set to acquire virtualised storage vendor 3PAR for $1.15 billion; plus more daily news.
- Microsoft aims to construct private cloud bridge
Microsoft is touting its System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service offering as the company's stepping stone to private cloud.
- New Continuity Software RecoverGuard disaster recovery test app for virtual servers is released
Continuity Software's new release of its RecoverGuard 5.2 disaster recovery test software offers better visibility into virtualized environments.
- Actifio launches disaster recovery appliances
Actifio emerges from stealth mode with appliances for managing data protection, disaster recovery and business continuity in VMware environments; the startup's challenge is to convince customers to change the way they manage data on virtual machines.
- SAN topology guide and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
This SAN topology guide details the key SAN fabric topology types and looks into the future of the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)-based converged network.
- Cisco UCS makes channel inroads
Cisco started out selling its Unified Computing System direct and through a few select partners. Now it's broadening and deepening distribution.
- VMware Zimbra appliance released: News in brief
Vizioncore refurbishes FlashRestore; HyTrust offers policy enforcement integration with Intel TXT
- Security policy for PDF use: How to secure PDF files for the enterprise
PDF files are an integral part of many enterprises' business processes, and, as such, they are a prime target for malicious activity. In this learning guide, learn how to secure your organization's PDFs, prevent attacks against them and decide when they are (or are not) the most secure option.
- Innovation games: Who says work can't be fun?
At Agile 2010, session attendees played professional learning games that promoted better collaborative efforts in work environments. Innovation games are facilitated workshops meant to teach managers and team members more efficient ways to brainstorm and implement project ideas.