Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, August 23, 2010
- HP outbids Dell with $1.6 billion offer for 3PAR
Hewlett-Packard makes surprising $1.6 billion bid to wrest storage systems vendor 3PAR from its rival Dell; now industry watches to see if Dell will escalate bidding war with a counter offer.
- Akorri adds predictive analysis to storage resource management software
Akorri gives BalancePoint 3.5 a Predictor for Storage module that detects disk utilization and disk contention issues that can lead to an application outage.
- Microsoft issues advisory on DLL load hijacking flaw
Software giant addresses application vulnerability after remote attack vector surfaces.
- LANDesk Software acquired by private equity firm
Thoma Bravo said it signed an agreement to buy LANDesk Software from Emerson Electric to further build out its security market portfolio.
- HP says 3Par will hasten converged infrastructure push
HP says its proposed buyout of 3Par will speed up a converged infrastructure push, but some IT pros still balk at the idea of one-vendor-fits-all-data center needs.
- Agile software development: What fuels the fire for some burns the house down for others
The Agile software development model is responsible for numerous project successes, speeding up delivery and building strong developer/tester partnerships, but the methodology of choice is not without its enemies.
- Exchange 2010 upgrades: Top 10 resources for providers
Solutions providers can attract new customers by making sure they're up to date on Exchange 2010 high availability features and upgrade and installation requirements.
- VAR guide: Breaking into the cloud services market
With cloud computing being an answer to many of your customers' questions and issues, it's time for you as a reseller to educate yourself on the topic of cloud computing services. This VAR guide outlines the cloud services market and informs resellers on how to offer the best cloud services for customers, including cloud network services.
- VMware users clamor for a Cisco 1000V alternative
This week's news roundup features articles about how VMware users want more virtual switch options and how VMware's future success is tied to cloud computing.
- Guide to enterprise social networking governance and compliance
Social networking governance policies should encourage active online participation while mirroring existing business conduct and compliance policies.
- Streamlining Microsoft SharePoint backup and recovery: A SharePoint tutorial
Although it's great for streamlining your office operations chores, it can be troublesome when it comes to data backup and recovery. Learn SharePoint backup best practices in our SharePoint tutorial.
- Vizioncore vRanger Pro 4.5 backup and recovery tutorial
Vizioncore recently released vRanger Pro 4.5. This tutorial will review the new version and provide some tips and other helpful information for using vRanger Pro 4.5.
- FalconStor uses solid-state drives, data protection to tackle VDI bottlenecks
FalconStor turns its NSS SAN Accelerator SSD gateway into a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) device by adding continuous data protection and other backup and recovery technologies for VMware environments.
- Data migration process best practices
A data migration process can be challenging and complicated. Check out these best practices before you begin a data migration process in your SMB.
- Data replication strategies: Tips on choosing the right data replication tool
Learn how to choose the best data replication strategy in our collection of tips on data replication solutions.
- Yankee Group: IaaS moves beyond cloud fluff
According to analyst firm Yankee Group, more than 60% of large enterprises will adopt Infrastructure as a Service over next 24 months.
- Bidding war breaks out between HP and Dell for 3Par
HP has put in an offer to buy 3Par for $1.6 billion, topping Dell's bid made last week; plus more daily news.