Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
- EMC ships primary data reduction, FAST for solid-state drives (SSDs), unified management
EMC rolls out bevy of products previewed in May, including EMC FAST upgrade, Unisiphere and block compression for primary data reduction; promises native Fibre Channel over Ethernet by end of year.
- Implementing networked enterprise energy management systems
Building an IP-based enterprise energy management system can bring an organization's power, heating and cooling systems into the network fold, but implementing that system will require coordination between the network and facilities management teams and will require that a very close eye be kept on security.
- CEO must prioritize software development improvements, secure coding
In this interview, Ryan Berg, a senior architect of security research for IBM discusses why some companies lack direction when it comes to secure software development.
- SOA on the road– The Cloud with SOA?
In this quick interview, we talk with Dr. Chris Harding about the state of SOA today, how SOA sets the stage for cloud computing, how cloud computing is being put to use today, and how to garner long-term benefit from cloud computing.
- HP customers report server shipping delays
After the economic slowdown comes a server shipping slowdown, HP customers say. Many are experiencing delays in receiving rackmount and blade form ProLiant servers, although the cause and extent of the problem are unclear.
- Podcast: Interview with CEO of Innovation Games Company Luke Hohmann
Luke Hohmann, founder and CEO of Innovation Games Company, describes how innovation games are being used to improve communication and collaboration of agile software teams. Find out more about the games and how they are growing in popularity in business and beyond in this audiocast interview.
- Virtualization disaster recovery planning tutorial
Virtualization disaster recovery (DR) differs from physical server DR in many ways. Learn the different technologies for virtual server backup and recovery, including VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), and how VMware environments differ from Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer environments.
- Selecting a VDI performance measurement and management tool
Getting the best performance from your VDI requires thorough measurement, testing and validation. The proper tool can help you get started.
- Cloud.com adds support for VMware services
CloudStack, the automation and management stack from Cloud.com, now supports VMware vSphere 4.1 and VMware vCenter Server.
- IBM to put power processors into deep sleep
Big Blue is developing an additional deep-sleep mode for its power processors so they can draw a normal amount of current when idling in 'Winkle' mode; plus more daily news.