Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
- VMworld 2010: Isilon ships clustered NAS with iSCSI
Isilon adds iSCSI for block storage to go with legacy file-based clustered NAS architecture; will it need Fibre Channel to be a mainstream storage array player?
- Researchers, ISPs fail to contain notorious Pushdo botnet
Despite an effort by ISPs and security research teams to cripple the botnet, follow-up analysis finds it recovering its strength with new command and control servers.
- Exchange Server Migration and Security Quiz
- Xsigo makes way for I/O virtualization over Ethernet
New Ethernet-based I/O Director is seen as tacit admission that Infiniband hasn't won over enterprise data centers.
- Why IT pros should care about the tech M&A frenzy
As large technology vendors embark on buying sprees and bidding wars, IT professionals are in the crossfire. Data center managers need to keep an eye on mergers and acquisitions and have a CYA strategy.
- Enterprise IT responds cautiously to VMware vCloud Director
A new cloud management offering from VMware is meant to help users create virtual data centers with self-service provisioning features. But it will take time for enterprise IT to be ready for it.
- VCloud Director partners strut their stuff: VMworld 2010 news in brief
VMware partners including HyTrust and HP now offer products to support VMware'svCloud Service Director; and other news in brief.
- All VMworld all the time: vCloud Director debuts
VMware pitches vCloud Director; Citrix buys VMLogix; other news.
- Netsnapper smartphone solution aids mobile data traffic offload
With mobile data traffic skyrocketing, carriers must ease wireless network congestion and improve QoS. Netsnapper's software offering combines data traffic offload, compression and seamless switching in one platform to try to help.
- Setting up VMware vCloud Director
Although the general setup process behind VMware vCloud Director appears to be simple, certain users may have trouble understanding some of its new networking concepts.
- VMware vCloud Director: Ready for launch
VMware has launched vCloud Director, its oft-discussed cloud computing offering. In this three-part series, our expert examines every available inch of the new service.
- VMware vCloud Director only part of the puzzle
Thought to be a conglomerate of all things good about cloud, VMware's vCloud Director turns out to require both Oracle and Red Hat systems, along with relying heavily on features from third-party vendors.
- Software and licensing requirements for vCloud Director
Prospective VMware vCloud Director users should know that the service features an Oracle-only back-end database and works best with vSphere 4.0 and the Enterprise Plus SKU.
- Hosters link hands for vCloud kumbaya
Numerous hosters have signed up as VMware cloud providers following the announcement of the company's new vCloud Director.
- Open source: Eliminating suspicion and scepticism
As the value of open source becomes clear, a UK VAR discusses misinformation being distributed about open source-based software and services.
- Six new VMware cloud products to kick off VMworld
Virtualisation giant VMware has released six virtualisation cloud products to start off VMworld; plus more daily news.