Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, September 2, 2010
- iSCSI SAN storage and its role in data storage environments
Learn about iSCSI SAN storage. We explain how to use iSCSI SANs in a virtual environment, debunk myths about iSCSI technology and offer iSCSI best practices.
- VMworld: Bank, brewer trust production data on SANs to virtual servers
First National Bank and Heineken implement virtualization projects that take them from from no networked storage to SANs with virtual servers, solid-state drives and disaster recovery.
- Using cheap network switches from commodity vendors in your LAN
Cheap network switches from commodity vendors that use commercially available silicon can help you save money in your LAN network design when budgets are tight. Some networking pros are considering these low-cost vendors as a viable alternative to premium vendors like Cisco for certain parts of their networks.
- New 'month of bugs' campaign outs LInux-based console flaw
New campaign aims to present detailed binary analysis of known exploits and a new zero-day vulnerability each day.
- Virtualization, 10 GbE meet at VMworld 2010
At VMworld, 10 Gigabit Ethernet is touted as a complement to I/O-intensive virtual environments.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: Parties
VMworld 2010 featured a strong social component, with many networking activities throughout the week.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: Brocade
The Brocade booth at VMworld 2010 drew lots of attendees with its magician doing card tricks.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: Paul Maritz
CEO Paul Maritz discussed cloud management during his VMworld 2010 keynote.
- Users wrestle with virtualizing Tier 1 applications
While VMware's head is in the clouds, enterprise users are battling technical and organizational challenges to adding high-end apps to server virtualization environments.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: The end
VMworld 2011 will take place Aug, 29 through Sept. 1 in Las Vegas.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: FalconStor
The FalconStor Software booth at VMworld 2010 let attendees try to grab money from inside a wind tunnel.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: Chalk drawings
Artists made cloud-computing-themed chalk drawings outside VMworld 2010.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: Twitter
Twitter, blogs and social media helped the VMware community connect at VMworld 2010.
- VMworld 2010 conference coverage
VMworld 2010 takes place Aug. 30 through Sept. 2 in San Francisco. Check out our complete news coverage and analysis from the VMworld conference.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: VMworld Live
VMworld Live streamed live video interviews online during VMworld 2010.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: Roadside Stop
The VMworld Roadside Stop was a place for VMworld 2010 attendees to stop and unwind.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010: Stephen Herrod
VMware CTO Stephen Herrod announced VMware View 4.5 and Project Horizon at VMworld 2010.
- Scenes from VMworld 2010
This slideshow captures all the different aspects of VMworld 2010, from the keynotes to the Solutions Exchange to the parties.
- Selecting the right colocation provider for POP in a new market
Faced with a growing North American customer base, one European carrier ventured outside its home market for a U.S.-based colocation provider that would meet demand for local, affordable and flexible connectivity options.
- Heartland agrees to $5 million breach settlement with Discover
Payment processor reaches agreement with fourth credit card company to resolve issues related to 2008 breach.
- Leasing video conferencing equipment: Easy upgrades or bigger hassle?
Telepresence and IP video conferencing are still evolving, making a large investment painful if it becomes obsolete in a year. Leasing programs for high-end video conferencing equipment are an option if you don't mind the hassle of a regular rip-and-replace.
- Amazon sneers at cloud computing market with another price cut
Amazon Web Services has slashed prices again. Is the move a response to vCloud Director or business as usual for the cloud giant?
- AWS updated security white paper still misses the mark
Security experts say Amazon improved the documentation of Amazon Web Services security practices, but the company still doesn't provide enough info for corporate users.
- VMware and Novell unveil SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware
VMware and Novell have announced the availability of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware; plus more daily news.