Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 3, 2010
- Hewlett-Packard beats Dell, pays $2.35 billion for 3PAR
Hewlett-Packard outbids Dell and will pay $2.35 billion for storage array vendor 3PAR; HP needs to determine where 3PAR's products fit in its storage strategy while Dell considers its next move.
- Virtualization Explained: Virtualization definitions you need to know
Our Virtualization Explained series is a great reference when you need a server virtualization definition. This virtualization glossary explains many useful terms and technologies.
- HP VARs worry that HP overstepped with 3Par purchase
Now that Hewlett-Packard shut Dell out and sealed its $2.3 billion 3Par deal, HP VARs wonder if it was worth it.
- In schools, free online Web proxies thwart enterprise Web filtering
New survey results show security managers in education struggle to control student use of services that bypass enterprise Web filtering systems.
- Securities firm charged with anti-money laundering violations fined $50,000
North Carolina-based firm with mostly foreign customers failed to identify and verify customer identities, officials say.
- VMworld 2010: Veeam Software announces new data backup and recovery features
Veeam Software and Isilon announced new features for their products at VMworld 2010 last week. Learn about their new features and other product announcements in this podcast.
- Managing data storage in small businesses: A data storage strategy tutorial
In this tutorial on managing data storage in small businesses, learn about how to choose the best data storage strategy, what your networked storage options are, and the pros and cons of working with a VAR.
- Amazon adds AWS user management features
In a long-awaited features upgrade, Amazon Web Services users will now have the ability to create and manage multiple unique identities from a central AWS account.
- Data centre strategies: Optimising IT infrastructures
When optimising performance across application and service delivery platforms, especially with virtualisation involved, make sure you have the best data centre strategies in place.
- IT managers ignore data centre consultants' advice
IT managers are increasing their use of independent data centre consultants, but most have admitted to ignoring their advice; plus more daily news.
- The confusion of ROI calculators
Our expert explains the tricky task of calculating return on investment (ROI) and why online vendor calculators shouldn't always be trusted.