Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 10, 2010
- IT staff training: Assessing the need
Investing in employee training sessions for your IT staff can be a costly undertaking, but the benefits will boost employee performance, morale and your organization as a whole.
- HP adds iSCSI SAN virtual appliance for Hyper-V; more data storage news
HP adds iSCSI SAN virtual appliance for Microsoft Hyper-V; QNAP launches new NAS platform; BlueArc, DataDirect Networks combine for media workflow storage; and more data storage news.
- Virtualization pros eye low-cost HP server for home labs
For virtualization professionals, HP's new MicroServer may be low-cost hardware that is well suited for home labs. But will the entry-level server entice its target: small businesses?
- Data backup and recovery software Quality Awards: 2010 Enterprise and midrange winners
Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com conduct an annual survey among readers to identify the best data backup and recovery software. Find out which vendors' products came out on top in this year's survey, which is broken down by enterprise and midrange products.
- The Daily Cloud repository for September
The September archives of The Daily Cloud feature Amazon cutting prices on its cloud computing services and Rackspace producing an add-on for Windows developers.
- Software as a Service still bringing IT to the non-IT crowd
Software as a Service brings users without IT resources new capabilities; the price is nice, but features are the draw.
- IT directors say reduced costs drive cloud computing adoption
A recent survey of senior IT directors stated that reducing costs was their number one reason for migrating to the cloud.
- The Daily Data Centre repository for September
September's editions include IBM abandoning Verne Holding's Icelandic data centre and Novell unveiling SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware.
- Returning VMworld 2010 attendees sing show's praises
The good mood from San Francisco's VMworld 2010 still lingers, as attendees return home to the UK raving about their experience.
- Oracle makes updates to the Solaris range
Oracle has updated the security for its virtual machines through enhancing to its Solaris product line; plus more daily news.
- All the news from VMworld 2010
If you were stuck in the UK, here's everything you missed in San Francisco at VMware's VMworld 2010.