Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, September 13, 2010
- Adobe issues warning about zero-day vulnerability in Flash Player
Alert follows last week's warning of a critical flaw in Reader, Acrobat.
- HP buys ArcSight for security information event management in $1.5 billion deal
Hewlett Packard struck a $1.5 billion deal to integrate ArcSight's event correlation software into its IT management and operations suite.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- Changing industry roles in ALM-focused organizations - Part 2
For ALM-focused organizations, the process and tools won't eliminate or radically change the roles of people, but the silos will start to disappear and there will be some subtle and some not so subtle changes to jobs, industry experts say.
- Amartus NGOSS solution drives toward automation at the service layer
Telecom OSS has long needed a sea change to speed next-gen service delivery, and Amartus may have delivered a vendor-neutral NGOSS model in Service Commander, a service layer automation solution developed while working with standards bodies.
- VMworld 2010 diary: Wednesday and Thursday
Eric Siebert shares his final thoughts on VMworld 2010 and looks forward to VMworld 2011 in Las Vegas.
- Storage roundup: Heineken dumps HP EVA for Compellent SAN
Storage roundup: Heineken dumps HP EVA for Compellent SAN; BakBone to sell Waterford email archiving; clustered NAs vendor BlueArc offers new VMware tools; and more data storage news.
- Pancetera Unite helps Cal EMA handle virtualization sprawl
After a server consolidation project left it with virtualization sprawl, CAL EMA implemented Pancetera Unite to complement IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and help improve data backup efficiencies.
- HP buys ArcSight for $1.5 billion
HP will offer $43.50 per share for security software vendor ArcSight; plus more daily news.
- Cloud brainiac authors expansive pro-cloud report
An 82-page report from cloud number-cruncher Joe Weinman explains why the cloud computing market will produce both quality and innovation.
- Cloud disaster recovery in today's data storage environments
To help you decide whether or not cloud disaster recovery is right for your organization, we've compiled our best tips and articles on cloud DR.
- Backup and disaster recovery purchasing plans: European storage pros buying bigger tape libraries
Read about backup and disaster recovery purchase plan trends among European storage buyers, including tape library size; favoured vendors; and adoption rates of data deduplication, continuous data protection and cloud backup.
- Cloud computing identity management presents unique challenges
The cloud is not necessarily known for its security friendliness, but when cloud-based apps such as Google Docs are used for corporate purposes, it presents particular IAM challenges.
- VMware resource pool management guide
Poor virtualization performance affects all business operations. Therefore, strict VMware resource pool management is essential for efficient, well-run companies.
- Secure virtualization: Beyond traditional VM security
The same old IT security methods aren't enough to create a secure virtual environment. To achieve secure virtualization, you must go above and beyond.
- Virtualization performance and server resource management guide
Virtualization performance is dependent on meticulous server resource management. So protect your investment, and find out how to optimize server resource pools.
- Custom server sales driven by IT virtualization boom
System builders make hay building specialized servers for education, government and oil/gas verticals.
- FAQ: Hyper-V high-availability requirements for VARs
Determining your customers' requirements for Hyper-V high availability in their infrastructure is no easy task. Explore available HA implementation options, such as CSVs.
- How to break into the healthcare IT services market
With $19 billion up for grabs thanks to the stimulus package, healthcare IT spending will be on the rise. Find out how you can break into this lucrative market of healthcare IT services as a networking solution provider offering healthcare IT networks and related services.