Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
- Storage resource management software trends: Affordability, ease of use and extended support
Read about the three trends within the SRM software market that have made SRM products a lot more appealing than just a few years ago.
- Nasuni adds Hyper-V and Azure support to primary cloud storage appliance
Nasuni released the new version of its virtual appliance for primary cloud storage. The Nasuni Filer 2.0 now supports Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Azure, Microsoft DFS, and Windows Previous Version.
- Making the case for solid-state drives requires knowing price per I/O, gigabyte
Presenting a case for solid-state drives (SSDs) to upper management requires a research on cost per gigabyte and price per I/O.
- Cross-site scripting Twitter attack causes chaos
A cross-site scripting Twitter attack could have been exploited to spread dangerous malware and steal user data, experts said.
- Attackers target flawed ASP.NET encryption implementations
Microsoft issued an update to its security advisory after discovering limited, active attacks against .NET Web applications with flawed encryption implementations.
- Java and OpenJDK additions discussed as Oracle takes JavaOne stage
Oracle outlined OpenJDK additions and enhancements destined for future versions of Java at JavaOne in San Francisco. Meanwhile, Java Father James Gosling lobbied developers to call for an open Java foundation.
- Parasoft introduces testing tools for Oracle applications and middleware
Parasoft Corporation, a provider of automated solutions and infrastructure services focused on software quality and the software development process, announced Parasoft SOAtest – Oracle Fusion Edition. The company calls the new offering a full-lifecycle quality platform that delivers a continuous quality process for developing applications and business processes.
- HP targets private cloud for Oracle applications
HP has announced its Private Cloud Solutions for Oracle Applications target clients that deploy Oracle applications on complex multitier environments. The hardware and software components are shipped together and come setup for PeopleSoft Enterprise, Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Application lifecycle management: Industry roles and responsibilities
The concept of application lifecycle management (ALM) comprises process, tools and people. This 3 part series delves into the roles and responsibilities in a development team and effective communication best practices.
- Hardware compatibility issues lead to virtualization problems
Even little things like using USB drives for backups can cause major virtualization problems. A VAR shares his story about overcoming hardware compatibility issues.
- Virtualization problems: When good deployments go bad
So you've rolled out virtualization and things are going smoothly. Think you're in the clear? Not so fast. Virtualization problems can strike at any time, and for many reasons.
- Cloud storage vendor CTERA adds larger cloud storage appliance for VARs, MSPs
Cloud storage vendor CTERA's new CTERA 400 model holds 8 TB of storage and moves copy to cloud for backup and file sharing; CTERA also adds bare-metal restore and agents for Microsoft Exchange, SQL and Active Directory.
- IP telephony infrastructure basics
Moving to an IP telephony infrastructure represents a significant shift from more traditional voice services. An understanding of the fundamental differences between circuit- and packet-based communication systems is key to successfully leveraging the new opportunities that unified communications provides.
- Backup with deduplication: A free download
Download our free guide on backup with deduplication to get answers to your toughest deduplication questions.
- Amazon corners off its cloud for Oracle users
AWS is splitting off a chunk of its cloud infrastructure for Oracle VM and Oracle apps, while Oracle loosens up its licensing for AWS. Will customers care?
- Amazon Web Services releases cluster of cloud updates
Four new Amazon EC2 features include virtual infrastructure filtering, the ability to label Amazon Web Services resources and the power to import your own encryption keys.
- Citrix virtualisation training courses
Find out which Citrix virtualisation courses are coming to your area in the UK with these listings from our virtualisation training course overview.
- VMware virtualisation training courses
Find our where and when upcoming VMware virtualisation courses will be held the UK with these listings from our virtualisation training course overview.
- Virtualisation exam and certification training courses
Find the latest on upcoming exam and certification training courses in the UK with listings from our virtualisation training course overview.
- Microsoft virtualisation training courses
Find the latest on upcoming Microsoft virtualisation courses in the UK with listings from the virtualisation training course overview.
- UK virtualisation training courses overview
If you're looking to catch up on virtualised server and desktop knowledge, this guide to upcoming virtualisation training courses in the UK has all the information you'll need.
- Other virtualisation training courses
Find the latest on upcoming virtualisation courses in the UK with these listings from the virtualisation training course overview, including information on Sun and Red Hat virtualisation and cloud computing courses.
- HP and Oracle settle legal spat over Hurd hiring
HP and Oracle have agreed to settle their legal spat over the hiring of Mark Hurd; plus more daily news.