Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, September 27, 2010
- Improved storage resource management tools may deserve second chance from IT shops
SRM tools may warrant second chance based on improved lower-cost options, ease of implementation/use, end-to-end monitoring from virtual servers to arrays.
- Hitachi Data Systems releases Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) enterprise storage array
Hitachi Data Systems upgrades its high-end storage array; Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) scales higher than its previous system and supports more granular tiering and provisioning.
- State CISOs lack authority to manage risks across agencies
Study finds the need for more oversight of state agencies and recommends new laws that hold agencies and third-party service providers accountable for their security programs.
- 2010 data storage spending plans among European IT professionals
Our Special Report explores how budgets are being allocated, how server virtualisation is affecting data storage purchase plans, what storage networking gear is in favour, which backup tools are being used by your peers and how many of them are using SRM software.
- A guide on RAID storage devices for beginners
In our guide on RAID storage devices, learn how to chose the best RAID storage system, download our chart on RAID levels and take our RAID data storage quiz.
- IT pros weigh virtual desktops vs. PCs for Win 7 upgrades
Many IT shops are getting ready to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, if they haven't started already. Do you virtualize endpoints or stick to the time-honored upgrade process?
- Numerous businesses struggle with server recovery yet fail to test
Nearly two-thirds of companies experience consistent problems when attempting to recover a server, yet only 2% admit to testing; plus more daily news.
- Is there a cloud computing stock bubble?
Wall Street experts are advising investors to be wary of what they consider an inflated cloud computing market.
- What you need to know about VMware disaster recovery and virtual DR
VMware is the current leader in virtual disaster recovery. To help you understand VMware disaster recovery, we've compiled our top articles and tips on the subject.
- New Zeus banking Trojan tactic tries to defeat SMS-based authentication
Security researchers say malware has new functionality that targets mobile authentication used by banks.
- Oracle user explains current projects with SOA and BPM
At JavaOne, Jack Vaughan interviews Oracle user Michael Rokitka, software engineer and Web architect for a New York real estate investment firm, about his current projects and how he's using SOA and BPM.
- Should VMware add Novell's virtualization management tools?
As speculation swirls around a possible deal for Novell's SUSE Linux operating system, virtualization experts are also eyeing Novell's PlateSpin virtualization management tools.
- CISSP Domain quiz: Operations Security
This CISSP quiz, which is a part of the SearchSecurityChannel CISSP Study Guide will test your knowledge of operations security , including network security management, risk assessments and network environment maintainance, in order to help you pass the CISSP exam.
- CISSP practice exam: Physical security
In this CISSP practice exam you can test your knowledge of physical security measures and threats in order to prepare for and pass the CISSP test.