Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
- Professional services firm SANpulse launches storage discovery application
SANpulse turns its SANlogics tool used for data migration professional services migrations and turns it into its SANatomy storage discovery software application.
- Secure virtualization requires secure hypervisors
How do you ensure cybersecurity for federal systems while embracing server virtualization? That's a question many federal IT pros are grappling with.
- Microsoft plans emergency update for ASP.NET encryption flaw
Attackers are targeting a weakness in the ASP.NET Web application framework. A fix is expected today at 1 p.m. ET.
- Microsoft issues rushed patch for ASP.NET encryption flaw
Emergency patch repairs a vulnerability in the ASP.NET framework that causes faulty AES encryption implementations.
- Forget Facebook -- VMUG is virtualization's social-networking king
VMUG, a VMware user community, has grown substantially in six years. In response, its leaders have implemented a board of directors and regional conferences to reach more members.
- Cloud email archiving services: Users reveal the good, bad and the ugly
Cloud email archiving services promise low upfront costs, unlimited capacity, and ease of use. We talked to a couple users to see if the products are living up to the hype.
- CA's Nimsoft adds support for Vblock packages
The CA subsidiary now offers monitoring for Vblock infrastructure environments, the integrated cloud packages from VMware, EMC and Cisco.
- Fluid data management cure for storage headache at Galway University Hospitals
Galway University Hospitals was suffering through serious storage issues, but implementing a virtualised storage solution from Compellent changed everything.
- HP rips out Cisco kit in six internal data centres
HP has completed its plan to remove Cisco networking equipment from all six of its internal data centres and replace the kit with its own; plus more daily news.
- I/O Virtualization and Converged I/O: Understanding the basics
I/O virtualization and converged I/O are crucial to enabling converged data center networks and avoiding the bottlenecking that arises in virtualized environments. In this primer, learn about I/O virtualization appliances and software, as well as strategies for converged I/O.