Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, October 4, 2010
- EMC NetWorker 7.6 SPI with Data Domain Boost adds data dedupe, cloning
EMC NetWorker 7.6 SPI with support for Data Domain Boost offers data dedupe, simplified cloning, checkpoint restart as well as capacity-based licensing model.
- What IT and business should know about BPEL
Why should both IT and business organizations care about Business Process Execution Language (BPEL)? While no one would argue that BPEL is the "secret sauce" to a successful service-oriented architecture implementation, it may play a fundamental part of a succesful SOA solution, according to Dave Ings, program director of emerging software standards in the IBM Software Group, and Michael Rowley, CTO of Active Endpoints Inc.
- Organizations lag in testing their ESI discovery policies
Companies are taking steps to prepare for litigation but still falling short, according to survey.
- Virtual tape libraries: Old backup technology holdover or gateway to the future?
Virtual tape libraries are still alive and well in data backup environments, despite the popularity of disk-to-disk backup.
- Voice communications technology disaster recovery planning template
Learn about how to prepare a voice communications technology disaster recovery plan, and then download our free DR template.
- Cloud computing sparks corporate IT budget growth
IT budgets are primed to increase for the first time in three years, and one of the driving factors appears to be cloud computing interest.
- UK CIOs take on cloud computing
This four-part series reveals how CIOs in the UK are handling the emerging world of cloud computing.
- UK cloud adoption picks up as CIOs adapt to new delivery model
As the benefits of cloud computing become clearer and clearer, many CIOs are finding new approaches to cloud adoption.
- Nimbus likes life in the cloud
Nimbus Partners has found a home for running its business applications -- in the cloud. Discover how they found the right cloud computing offering.
- Cloud migration: More complex than plug-and-play
Strategies for cloud migration and integrating cloud applications into your existing infrastructure can be tricky. Find out how some users are fairing.
- Five steps to a successful cloud applications strategy
Porting apps to the cloud is not as easy as switching servers or data centres. Read about some emerging best practices for creating cloud applications.
- Students gain internships with HP through new degree course
University students that take a new degree course dedicated to HP's enterprise technology will be able to earn internships at the company and its partners; plus more daily news.
- CA improves usability of its 3Tera cloud software
CA's cloud computing offering gets a fresh shot in the arm with the first update to its 3Tera software since the acquisition in February.
- A business impact analysis checklist: 10 common BIA mistakes
Here are the top ten mistakes IT managers make when performing BIAS. See what they are and how to avoid them in your environment.
- Using snapshot backups to replace your traditional data backup system
Snapshot backup systems can be used in place of a traditional data backup system, but there are some things to watch out for. Learn about snapshots in Mr. Backup's latest column.
- Top SearchITChannel.com stories for September 2010
Concerns among HP VARs about that company's pricey 3Par purchase and VAR interest in Oracle's Exalogic appliances were some of the hottest news on SearchITChannel.com in September.
- Determining your desktop virtualization strategy
As desktop virtualization develops, you should have a firm desktop virtualization strategy in place and know how your business opportunities will differ from server virtualization.
- Nineteen charged with using Zeus banking Trojan to drain UK accounts
Suspects allegedly used the data-stealing malware to hijack bank accounts and steal millions of pounds.