Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
- Digitiliti DigiLibe data management system adds cloud storage features
Digitiliti Inc.'s DigiLibe 2.0 data management system adds cloud storage, multi-user log-in from the same device, secure communications and enhanced reporting.
- Virtualization optimization for network pros: PrepLogic training video
Improving VMware performance depends on a series of virtualization optimization strategies that range from load balancing for bandwidth control to CPU management. In this PrepLogic virtualization training video, learn virtualization optimization strategies for networking professionals.
- Crowdsource test competitions with uTest: Interview with Matt Johnston – Part 1
Site Editor Yvette Francino interviews uTest VP of Marketing and Community Matt Johnston about their recent bug battle, "Clash of the Career Sites."
- Latin America poised for growth, challenged by lack of undersea cable
Poised for huge leaps in data consumption and subscriber growth, Latin America could be telecom's golden goose if carriers can overcome infrastructure challenges, including the lack of undersea cable systems.
- CommVault Simpana 9 adds source deduplication, array-based snapshots and more
CommVault makes major upgrades to its flagship Simpana data protection application, adding source-based dedupe, array-based snapshots, improved protection for virtual machines and capacity-based licensing.
- What application virtualization can and can't do for you
Application virtualization fixes compatibility issues for Windows 7 migrations, improves desktop application security and eases management. However, it has its limits.
- Has backup become too complicated?
When it comes to backup, its easy to give into the temptation for shiny new products. Our expert tells us how to stay on the right track and make backup simpler.
- Energy budgets continue to inflate, says Gartner
Energy costs contribute one-eighth of the total expenditure needed to run a data centre, according to analyst Gartner; plus more daily news.
- Drobo, MicroNet add beefier SMB storage systems
Drobo gets into SMB NAS with DroboPro FS and Drobo Sync for off-site backup, and MicroNet expands its digital media platform with RAIDBank5 with support for USB 3.0 and hardware-based data encryption.
- Laptop backup strategies: How to cope with laptop backup challenges
Lauren Whitehouse, senior analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group, discusses the variety of ways to address laptop backup today in this Q&A.
- SAP certifies Citrix XenServer: Virtualization news in brief
SAP certifies XenServer; Orange has joined forces with the VCE Coalition to help businesses tap cloud computing; and other news in brief.
- Symantec encryption strategy expands PGP, nixes GuardianEdge brand
Following its recent encryption acquisitions, Symantec will phase out the GuardianEdge name and integrate PGP Whole Disk Encryption with support for Symantec Data Loss Prevention.
- New Verizon report connects PCI non-compliance and data breaches
Results of the first Verizon Payment Card Industry Compliance Report indicate that organizations that had been breached were 50% less likely to be PCI compliant.
- Random thoughts: Web application development remains Job #1