Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Q&A: Architecture and design patterns are the keys to SOA success, according to Anne Thomas Manes
Anne Thomas Manes is one of the most influential figures in Web services today. She's a research director with Burton Group as well as a prolific speaker, writer, and blogger on the important topics around SOA and Web services. Manes recently co-authored a concise report on "The State of SOA". This interview covers the findings and recommendations from that report, as well as why SOA is very much alive and well.
- Following Stuxnet Trojan, NERC security chief calls for rugged software
The Stuxnet malware has highlighted the need for software with fewer defects and is an "indictment on the IT business in general," according to the security chief at NERC.
- UK company launches tool to monitor other network security audit tools
Idappcom Ltd. says its new tool can gauge the effectiveness of other network security audit tools or monitoring devices.
- Quantum refreshes high-end data deduplication backup system at SNW
Quantum rolls its new data deduplication backup system. The DXi8500 has faster processors and support for 15,000 rpm 6 Gbps SAS drives for speed increase over its previous system.
- Network-attached storage (NAS) tutorial: Do you need a NAS gateway?
NAS gateways are more complicated and expensive than NAS filers. Learn if the investment in a NAS gateway in the right choice for your company.
- Criteria for choosing the right business continuity or disaster recovery consultant
DR and BC consultants are helpful when devising or updating DR plans and strategies. Follow these steps to find the best DR/BC consultant for your environment.
- SMBs still unsold on private cloud
A new survey shows that small and midsized firms are unlikely to adopt private cloud. So what are they doing instead?
- VMworld Europe 2010 conference coverage
Check out news, product announcements and award recaps from VMworld Europe 2010 at the Bella Center in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- VMware partners in Europe say recession still looms
VMware's European partners say cloud is out, VDI is in and the budget-conscious are turning to Microsoft in 2011.
- VMware Europe 2010 User Awards preview
In preparation for VMworld Europe 2010 in Copenhagen, virtualisation experts and award judges Mike Laverick and Gabrie van Zanten discuss the show's winning projects.
- Channel Chat: Understanding healthcare IT services opportunities
Before breaking into healthcare networking services, you must understand how healthcare IT services opportunities work. In this podcast, you'll learn about hospital culture, information exchange, and what to keep in mind when offering healthcare IT services.