Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) implementation case studies
Learn how three firms tackled management issues in a Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) implementation; case studies detail potential turf wars, restructuring.
- Five tips on moving to Fibre Channel over Ethernet
Learn five tips to help manage the transition to Fibre Channel over Ethernet and facilitate collaboration between your organization's SAN and LAN/WAN teams.
- Symantec puts SRM applications under Veritas Operations Manager banner
Symantec consolidates Storage Foundation, Veritas Cluster Server and CommandCentral Storage SRM applications into new version of Veritas Operations Manager.
- FCoE tutorial: Fibre Channel over Ethernet management challenges
Our FCoE tutorial explores how three Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) adopters confronted management challenges connected with the technology's deployment; five tips on FCoE.
- At McAfee Focus 10, customers await integrated chip security
Intel's $7.7 billion acquisition of McAfee could broaden chip-based security initiatives across the entire industry, said McAfee CEO Dave DeWalt at the vendor's annual Focus 10 conference.
- Microsoft patches 49 security vulnerabilities in massive release
Huge update from Microsoft includes critical patches for Internet Explorer and fixes a flaw exploited by Stuxnet.
- McAfee to reassure customers, release product updates at Focus 10
In the wake of being acquired by chip making giant Intel, McAfee is rolling out updates and pampering its partners at its annual security conference, Focus 10, in Las Vegas.
- New VMware products add workflow, storage views to management lineup
VMware vCloud Request Manager improves workflow and software license tracking, while a new version of vCenter CapacityIQ sees disk and I/O resources.
- Whither virtualization? Microsoft fixes fixes; other news
Survey shows VMware remains strong, but Microsoft coming on; Microsoft fixes Exchange fixes.
- Smart grid technology primer
This smart grid technology primer examines how utilities, vendors and telecom providers are focused on the goal of improving energy transmission and distribution via advanced communications infrastructure to promote effective energy management and use. Telecom carriers have important roles to play, especially with 4G wireless WiMAX and LTE network deployment.
- iSCSI storage implementation guide
Get advice on iSCSI storage implementation, including how iSCSI SANs compare with Fibre Channel SANs, how to overcome deployment challenges and best practices for using iSCSI to support virtual servers.
- iSCSI SAN: Reliable shared storage without Fibre Channel's costs
The iSCSI SAN is a block-level shared-storage alternative to Fibre Channel that is becoming increasingly popular among SME organisations.
- iSCSI implementation: How to design, deploy an iSCSI SAN
When approaching an iSCSI implementation, you'll need to carefully consider product selection, network design, TCP/IP offload, security/encryption and management.
- Despite improvements, VDI adoption remains glacial at best
For enterprises, virtual desktop technology still needs a lot of work before widespread adoption is possible. IT shops want less complexity and lower cost.
- Windows Intune shows promise at first glance
Windows Intune -- Microsoft's cloud-based antivirus service -- may be a bit rough around the edges in beta, but its future looks bright.
- IT managers won't swallow VMware's grand cloud vision whole
VMware has a grand cloud vision with vCloud Director, but smaller IT shops are still virtualising servers and sceptical about external providers.