Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, October 14, 2010
- Dataglobal merges storage resource management, enterprise content management
Dataglobal launches its dg unified storage resource management and enterprise content management software suite to classify, archive data in a single console.
- Five strategies for managing the distributed enterprise
The distributed enterprise network is only getting more complex with workers demanding anywhere, any-time access to applications and data from a plethora of devices. Fast packet blogger Josh Stephens says managing distributed enterprise networks will mean increased network visibility.
- jQuery finds important role in Ajax-style open source framework development
The jQuery open source library and framework has gained greater attention among a slate of frameworks that includes Dojo, Prototype, GWT and others. Designers – and some developers too – may employ jQuery to ease JavaSript-based development tasks.
- VMworld Europe 2010: News in brief
Here are all the news tidbits from this year's VMware conference in Copenhagen; and other news in brief.
- Advanced wireless M2M services monetize machine-to-machine ecosystem
Many wireless M2M applications consume little bandwidth, translating to low ARPU. In response, carriers are launching concierge-style wireless M2M services to generate more revenue and widen partnerships within the larger M2M ecosystem.
- From VMware virtualization to the VMware cloud
To stay relevant, VMware has to evolve beyond virtualization and toward cloud technologies. This tip examines VMware's history and explains why it needs the cloud.
- New approaches needed to fight emerging types of cybercrime
In his address at RSA Conference Europe 2010, Richard Clarke gave examples of emerging types of cybercrime, and what defence strategies need to be adopted.
- Session border controllers ensure safe IP telephony links
Session border controllers (SBCs) deliver both external telephony services and remote platform connectivity to the enterprise IP telephony platform. The role of an SBC is one of translator and protector, providing a secure link to the outside world and ensuring the quality of the connections that are made.
- HD video conferencing over the Internet? Network requirements ease up
IT pros are dispelling misconceptions about HD video conferencing network requirements by deploying professional systems over the Internet and slower private connections.
- Microsoft releases free regular expression patterns fuzzing tool
SDL RegEx Fuzzer examines regular expression patterns and whether they can be exploited causing a denial-of-service (DoS) attack.
- VMware makes cloud moves at VMworld Europe 2010
VMworld Europe 2010 was packed with cloud computing announcements, but skepticism seems to follow every cloud move the virtualization leader makes.
- Verizon medical data cloud on track to serve 350,000 doctors
The Verizon health information exchange has broadened its capabilities, and the company's cloud-based medical data repository is now loading in users at a record pace.