Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, October 15, 2010
- Quest rolls out vRanger Standard as beta testers look elsewhere
VRanger Standard 5.0, announced at VMworld Europe 2010, has a lower price and limited to 10 CPUs, It also lack integrated replication that's coming to vRanger Pro 5.0 in November.
- 4G wireless adoption remains scattered, VARs say
Despite the explosion in enterprise mobility and 4G wireless technologies, WiMax adoption remains spotty.
- CISSP practice test: Enterprise application security
In this CISSP practice test, you will test your knowledge on enterprise application security in order to help you train for and pass the CISSP exam.
- Desktop virtualization technology must wait for heyday
Although desktop virtualization technology is a solid long-term investment, up-front costs and user resistance continue to slow its adoption.
- New VMware management tools control workflow, storage
VMware wants solution providers to use its new vCloud Request Manager and vCenter CapacityIQ 1.5 to improve workflow and storage for vCloud Director and vCenter Server customers.
- Study puts a price on software code security assurance management
A recent study by Fortify Software Inc. and Mainstay Partners LLC reveals that having secure code is cheaper than having insecure code, and the numbers prove it.
- Citrix advances management simplicity with XenDesktop 5.0
Citrix XenDesktop 5.0 gets early raves from IT pros, many of whom claim virtual desktop tools are still too complicated. But XenClient 1.0 gets only raspberries.
- Virtualisation projects hit in-house roadblocks
Good news: Virtualisation is getting cheaper and easier. Bad news: It's hard to get budget approval, and IT pros don't always have the skills to support virtualisation projects.