Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, October 25, 2010
- Primary storage deduplication, compression: Prepare for data reduction
Use of primary storage deduplication and compression expected to increase as vendors roll out data reduction technology. IT shops cope with storage demands.
- PCI tokenization guidance nearing completion
A guidance document outlining the use of tokenization in payment environments is due out in late November.
- Progress spins-off FuseSource to pursue open-source integration
FuseSource offers Fuse Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), based on Apache ServiceMix, as well as a message broker based on Apache ActiveMQ, a mediation router based on Apache Camel and the Fuse Services Framework, which handles Web services deployment and is based on Apache CXF.
- VMware vSphere Essentials Plus licenses surge, but SMBs want more
VMware's efforts to reach out to small and medium-sized businesses have borne fruit, says the company. But SMBs want more than just VMotion from a lower-cost licensing package.
- FAQ: Virtual applications pros and cons
Virtual applications reduce hardware costs and ease application deployment. But there's a lot to consider when you virtualize mission-critical applications.
- Rebates get channel makeover
Vendors retool SPIFs and MDF programs for VARs in the tough economy.
- Windows Phone 7: Is it too little too late?
Microsoft partners expect brisk sales, but others think Microsoft is too late to catch iPhone and Android smartphones.
- ACG Research tackles services strategy for managed services providers
Managed service providers often need help from vendor partners to help make enterprise services sales, and ACG Research is helping them adopt best practices to increase revenue.
- Organisations unaware of Good Practice Guide 13 monitoring guidelines
A recent survey reveals that only 38% of public-sector organisations are aware that CESG's Good Practice Guide 13 exists. Ron Condon reports.
- Report: Social networking security risks pervade UK organisations
A recent report from Palo Alto Networks Inc. reveals that 224 commonly used social networking applications present particular security problems. Ron Condon reports.
- Network-attached storage (NAS) basics: A quiz for beginners
In our quiz on network-attached storage basics, learn the most important NAS terms, and the difference between NAS filers, appliances and more.
- Small business disaster recovery planning template and guide
Learn everything you need to know about small business disaster recovery planning in this guide, and download a free sample business continuity template.