Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
- VDI technology: What you need to know to implement VDI at your company
Our VDI technology assessment helps users construct a VDI project plan, provides VDI licensing info and discusses the challenges of implementing VDI storage
- Google antimalware efforts rely on website malware detection
A member of Google's antimalware team revealed how the search engine giant combs billions of webpages for hidden malware downloads.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- SOA Podcast Library
The SearchSOA.com Podcast Library contains the podcast and video SearchSOA.com has produced this year. Check back often for new additions and updates.
- Messaging middleware with Apache projects
In this podcast, Rob Davies -CTO of FuseSource and coauthor of the book "ActiveMQ in Action"- discusses messaging middleware and the hurdles that many developers face as they first approach the subject.
- VARs ponder Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Service options
Microsoft VARs disagree on whether the company's Azure PaaS power is better than the more incremental Amazon Web Services.
- McAfee reseller program overhaul adds new incentives, rewards
For the McAfee channel chief, an overhauled channel program was long overdue, but is now translating into happier customers and is rewarding partners for doing good work.
- Hitachi Data Systems, Caringo roll out object storage upgrades; Data dedupe backup gets new twists
Headlines: Hitachi Data Systems and Caringo make their object storage systems more optimized for cloud storage with features such as multi-tenancy and dynamic caching.
- Microsoft touts big BPOS wins vs. Google
Microsoft touts BPOS wins in Google battle; other news.
- Sungard Financial cuts backup costs by 10x with Data Domain dedupe during disaster recovery upgrade
Sungard Financial cuts backup costs with Data Domain DD690 deduplication appliances and Symantec NetBackup consolidation as part of a disaster recovery upgrade.
- The clouds come together with a data integration solution
Midmarket cloud adopters are in need of a data integration solution that can ease the flow of information among cloud applications and on-premise systems.
- Why you won't keep thin clients for a decade
Don't believe the hype -- thin clients don't last much longer in enterprise IT environments than PCs do. (They're still good, though.)
- XenDesktop 5.0 mega upgrade may spark virtual desktop strategy reviews
IT managers asked for the improvements, but the upgrade to Citrix's new management architecture in XenDesktop 5.0 is a whopper and may require starting over.