Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, October 29, 2010
- Cloud computing ramifications of Ozzie's Microsoft exit
Ray Ozzie, Microsoft's chief software architect and top cloud maestro, is leaving the company. What effect will his departure have on Microsoft's future in the cloud?
- Microsoft adds more controls to Azure cloud
Microsoft's Azure has taken a big step toward becoming a full-fledged cloud infrastructure service. Users generally approve, but they'll have to wait for Microsoft to deliver.
- Managed hosting and server virtualisation set for 2011 growth
Analyst firm Ovum reports that managed hosting and server virtualisation are set for huge growth in 2011; plus more daily news.
- Convergence and collaboration -- good or bad?
In discussing his experiences at the last HP Gold Partner conference, a VAR questions whether the recent boom in convergence really benefits the end user.
- DNM Technology boosts Dublin power plant with cloud strategy
When a plant ran out of data centre space and capacity, it turned to a private cloud and disaster recovery strategy: The project won the plant's integrator, DNM Technology, a Best of VMworld Europe 2010 award.