Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, November 15, 2010
- Top five reasons IT pros should care about cloud computing
Why cloud computing? It's been an oft-asked question, but that's slowly changing. Find out five top reasons to care about the cloud, plus a few more for good measure.
- SearchCloudComputing.com Advisory Board
The SearchCloudComputing.com Advisory Board is populated by top IT personnel, all of whom have a comprehensive knowledge of cloud computing.
- Gartner: SOA will be like electricity for architects looking toward cloud computing
Service-oriented architecture has become an intrinsic part of modern IT, and will be a potent force in future cloud computing and event-driven applications. But, in many ways, SOA will be taken for granted as little more than the logical way to proceed with development and integration, according to a Gartner expert.
- EMC buys clustered NAS vendor Isilon for $2.25 billion
EMC pays $2.25 billion to get into clustered NAS market by acquiring Isilon; sees the technology complementary with Atmos object-based storage in strategy to address high performance computing and cloud storage customers.
- Websense threat report warns of infected websites, SEO poisoning
New data from Websense shows attackers are eagerly seeking to spread malware by poisoning search engine results and compromising legitimate websites.
- Apple courts integrators in enterprise IT push
Apple, hoping to push more Macs, iPhones, iPads into enterprises, quietly enlists Unisys, other systems integrators.
- FCoE implementation saves money for London hosting provider
FCoE implementation brings converged network and saves hardware and power costs on VMware-based infrastructure for London-based service provider Atlanta Technology.
- Evaluating cloud computing services: Criteria to consider
Not all clouds are created equal. When considering possible cloud computing providers, be sure to factor in differing criteria like performance levels, cost and reliability.
- Virtual networks for storage and data environments
Learn how to reduce cable clutter and consolidate network and storage I/O using technologies such as NPIV, FCoE, and PCIe extension in this slide presentation.