Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- SearchSOA.com coverage of the Gartner AADI Summit 2010
The Gartner Application Architecture, Development & Integration Summit has come again. This year's summit takes a close look at three highly intertwined aspects of enterprise architecture -- SOA, the cloud, and application overhaul.
- Product Spotlight: Application virtualization with InstallFree Bridge
Want to virtualize applications like IE6 without a hypervisor or virtual machine? InstallFree Bridge may help you create a virtualized execution environment based on Windows XP.
- Speculation on networking alternatives
Breaking away from URL-driven networking seems a bit farfetched right now. But so did the alternatives to dial-up internet access when they were first introduced. Unconventional thinking has brought us through great leaps in the past and may yet bring even greater changes.
- PCI encryption requirements driving widespread adoption, survey finds
Encryption has become generally accepted in the industry, said Larry Ponemon, founder of the Ponemon Institute LLC.
- Cisco adds virtual desktops to its infrastructure strategy
IT shops are accustomed to Cisco in the enterprise. Now the networking company wants to wiggle into virtual desktop infrastructures and thin-client devices.
- Top Channel Marker blogs for October 2010
Too many VARs call themselves managed service providers without doing the MSP work, according to the SearchITChannel.com advisory board.
- What is VMware ThinApp?
Application virtualization with VMware ThinApp can offer many advantages, especially around flexibility and security. But VMware ThinApp isn't a good fit for all applications.
- Rogue antivirus spammers masquerade as Adobe patches
Rogue antivirus suppliers are posing as Adobe updates in phishing scam.
- InMage adds data reduction to CDP-based replication app
InMage improves the way its Scout replication application for disaster recovery reduces data without deduplication; also simplifies replication and backup for SMBs.