Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- Security first as Boeing adopts cloud computing
Aviation giant Boeing approached cloud computing from the standpoint of security first. A few years later, it has a solid method to the madness.
- Microsoft vs. VMware redux; other news
SCVMM 2012 to take on vCloud Director; Compellent spruces up; other news.
- Quest adds Hyper-V support, automation to vFoglight 6.5
There's a race on to beef up virtualization management and monitoring tools with automated problem remediation, but not every enterprise is ready for automation just yet.
- VARs eye VCE coalition incentives to boost Vblock sales
Data center customers like the idea of the VCE coalition's Vblocks, but pricing, a lack of channel incentives and other concerns are putting the brakes on Vblock sales.
- New Adobe Reader X fortifies PDF viewer against attacks
Adobe Reader X uses Microsoft's sandboxing technology to block potentially dangerous processes from executing beyond the confines of the software.
- SEO poisoning, online shopping risks and threats will greet holiday shoppers
The start of the holiday season is ripe with SEO poisoning, third-party attack ads and spam messages touting deals that are too good to be true, according to security experts.
- Data center energy efficiency, consolidation study guide
Test your expertise in maintaining data center energy efficiency in your customers' environments, while brushing up on topics such as data center consolidation and cooling methods.