Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
- Council saves with Acronis disk-to-disk-to-tape (D2D2T) and data deduplication
Storage roundup: Council saves with Acronis disk-to-disk-to-tape (D2D2T) and data deduplication; BlueArc sees further revenue growth; Buffalo debuts new NAS devices; and more.
- Using nsswitch.conf to find Linux system information
Find information in your customers' Linux systems by using nsswitch.conf to search for information types, including netgroups or networks, and method searches such as dns or nis.
- Linux DHCP server and client: Configuration and deployment
Learn the best practices for configuring and deploying a DHCP server and DHCP client in your customers' Linux environments.
- Secure your Linux server with a chroot jail or TCP wrappers
Decide whether to secure a customer's Linux system servers using chroot jail or with TCP wrappers, and learn how to run commands with each method.
- FAQ: Devising a server consolidation plan
A server consolidation plan should optimize server capacity. A well-devised server consolidation project eliminates physical servers that waste resources and rack up hardware costs.
- VARs eye VCE coalition incentives to boost Vblock sales
Data centre customers like the idea of the VCE coalition's Vblocks, but pricing, a lack of channel incentives and other concerns are putting the brakes on Vblock sales.
- Quest adds Hyper-V support, automation to vFoglight 6.5
There's a race on to beef up virtualisation management and monitoring tools with automated problem remediation, but not every enterprise is ready for automation just yet.
- CISSP quiz: Business continuity and disaster recovery
This CISSP quiz, which is a part of the SearchSecurityChannel.com CISSP Study Guide will test your knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery best practices and help you pass the CISSP exam.