Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
- VMware View 4.5: A complete guide
VMware View 4.5, the new VMware desktop virtualization product, has new capabilities and a couple of hitches. Get a full rundown and learn how to install VMware View 4.5.
- How solution providers can profit from SCVMM 2008 R2 upgrades
If your customers already have Hyper-V R2 in their environments, pushing them toward SCVMM 2008 R2 is the next step. Find out SCVMM 2008 R2's key selling points in this Q&A.
- Choosing the best Oracle backup strategy for your environment
Find out which Oracle backup strategy is right for you in this FAQ: user-managed backups, RMAN or import/export backups.
- Think Money offers lessons in meeting financial compliance regulations
The financial services firm explains how it uses a database security management product to monitor privileged users and meet financial compliance regulations.
- Sophos: Mobile device security pressuring antivirus vendors
The shift to mobile devices is pushing security vendors into retooling their traditional signature technologies, according to Sophos's security strategist, James Lyne..
- Pittsburgh Technical Institute revamps storage strategy around virtual servers
Pittsburgh Technical Institute overhauls its storage strategy after a virtual server initiative; adds solid state drives (SSDs) and backup app for virtual machines.
- Kundra says government cloud computing becoming more secure
The U.S. government cloud computing security challenges are a major priority that is not easily solved. See some of the steps the government has taken to prepare for the security risks that could face them in the future.