Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- VCE Vblocks and NetApp FlexPods must integrate further to survive
VCE Vblocks and NetApp FlexPods reflect the need for integrated stacks in an increasingly utility environment, but the alliances behind them will be compelled to concentrate manufacturing.
- Amazon Web Services should speak up on WikiLeaks
Amazon's silence over the WikiLeaks drama might cost the company dearly. When will the cloud provider share why it gave the whistleblower the boot?
- Unix systems not high on VAR customer shopping lists
Unix systems sales lagged in Q3 of 2010 in spite of an overall surge in the server market. VMware customers are weary of the company's Alive VM license giveaway.
- VCE coalition goes on hiring spree to push Vblocks
EMC, VMware and Cisco's VCE coalition is hiring hundreds of new technical and sales staff to boost sales of its Vblocks, which have been slow so far.
- Top Channel Marker blogs for November 2010
Steve Jobs scrapping Xserve and Oracle's courtroom battles with SAP were among the top blog topics for SearchITChannel.com in November.
- The Green Grid unveils new carbon emissions measurement
The Green Grid has defined a new carbon emissions measurement , carbon usage effectiveness (CUE), which calculates the carbon emissions that data centres produce; plus more news in brief.
- Siberia exploit toolkit gets update to evade antivirus
The cybercriminals behind the Siberia Exploits Kit have given it an update, brining it in line with competitor toolkits by adding features to bypass antivirus.
- Compellent bundles VMware SRM for disaster recovery; more storage news
Compellent sells VMware SRM with Storage Center systems; Xiotech, Silver Peak and others create VDI alliance; Isilon joins Microsoft Partner Solutions Center (MPSC); and other data storage news.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- VMware networking strategies and architecture: An FAQ guide
Keeping control of VMware networking architecture can be a pain. But implementing sound VMware networking strategies can reduce data center frustrations.
- Cloud computing technologies and financial services
Cloud computing offers cost savings but how does it fit into the highly regulated financial services industry?