Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, December 3, 2010
- VCE coalition: A one-year retrospective
A year after the Virtual Computing Environment coalition launched, interest in the group's Vblocks is growing, but sales and staffing issues have arisen.
- VCE hiring, as Acadia fades, spurs channel conflict
The Virtual Computing Environment coalition is trying to hire partners' employees and competing with the channel for Vblock sales, some partners say.
- Amazon says WikiLeaks violated policy, not politics
As numerous sources attack Amazon for banning WikiLeaks, including famed whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg, the cloud provider releases a statement to defend its actions.
- WAN optimization moves virtualized DR over the goal line
Replication was infeasible with a 10 Mbps WAN connection, and WAN optimization hardware looked like it would break the bank; that's when a NetEx virtual appliance entered the picture.
- New variant of the Zeus Trojan spotted by Trend Micro
A new variant of malware associated with the Zeus Trojan will double the work for those trying to block it