Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, December 10, 2010
- Smartphone security policy: Dealing with mobile, iPad security issues
New technologies such as the iPad lead to new security challenges. In this article, Ron Condon reports on recent smartphone security surveys and smartphone risk mitigation strategies from industry experts.
- Direction 31B sets out data disclosure guidance for UK courts
Following the release of Practice Direction 31B, new directives on data presentation in courts, many organisations will need to rethink their electronic data policies.
- VMware's vCloud Director now a service provider offering: Virtualization news in brief
A service provider offers VMware's vCloud Director to customers; Xiotech delivers storage management through vSphere and other news in brief.
- Cloud integration platform may mean business for VARs
Cisco and BMC's cloud integration platform looks promising for VAR business. Citrix updated XenDesktop 5.0 and Microsoft released a SCVMM 2008 R2 release candidate.
- Dell object storage platform supports Simpana 9; more storage news
Dell says CommVault Simpana 9 works with DX Object Storage and DL backup appliance; Xiotech develops VMware vSphere plug-in for ISE; more data storage news.
- A quarter of servers shipped in 2014 to support VM technology, says IDC
Almost a quarter of all servers shipped in 2014 will support virtual machine technology, according to report from analyst IDC; and other news in brief.
- SSD storage decisions: Form factors, workloads, adoption rates
Review your SSD storage form factor choices, get advice on appropriate workloads for solid-state storage and find out if your peers are using the technology