Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
- The best cloud computing advice of 2010
From an overview of cloud computing pricing to a library of cloud-themed resources, these are the ten best pieces of cloud computing advice from 2010.
- VARs in HP partner program worry about company's direction
Many VARs are dissatisfied with Hewlett-Packard and its partner program. New CEO Leo Apotheker's channel approach and HP's sheer size are top concerns.
- Mozilla extends bug bounty to Web application vulnerabilities
Mozilla will reward vulnerability hunters for critical flaws found on a dozen Mozilla websites.
- Core Security launches CISO level pen testing software
The new Core Insight pen testing suite can lay out the history of testing campaigns and the relative threat level of an enterprise's systems.
- Dell buys SAN array vendor Compellent for $820 million, seeks data management
Headlines: Dell aquired Compellent Technologies for $820 million, and is now looking for more storage acquisitions, with data management the top priority.
- Traditional project management can't keep pace with uncertain economy
SaaS-based project and portfolio management tools for SMBs offer a plus besides cost -- in uncertain times, they're better at adapting to rapid change than traditional project management tools, say experts.
- Cloud storage gateway presents primary storage options
Early adopters of a cloud storage gateway connected to a cloud service provider weigh their value as low-cost, easy-to-use storage against data control fears
- Disaster recovery services: Putting your plan in the cloud
While the cloud holds big promise for disaster recovery services, there are many choices to be made when adopting a cloud DR service, and your options will differ depending on a number of factors.
- Cloud disaster recovery offers cash saving benefits for the early adopter
Cloud disaster recovery offers money saving benefits. It is still an early- adopter technology in the UK but is among the most popular cloud services for storage professionals.
- Cloud backup solutions poised for increased adoption
An MSP explosion signals potential increase in adoption of cloud backup solutions to replace on-site backup or assist with backup of remote offices and disconnected laptops.
- Top five cloud computing tips of 2010
Our most popular tips of 2010 included advice on how to build a private cloud and an overview of five cloud-based open source tools.
- How cloud computing fits into identity federation
Implementing identity federation along with cloud computing can make interoperation between your customers easier. Read the rules and regulations in this chapter excerpt.
- VAR services with cloud vendors: Key considerations
A customer using cloud computing doesn't mean there is no longer a need for services. Read the different services that you could profit from while working with cloud vendors.
- Cloud computing business concerns: Environment testing
Testing in your customers' environments in areas such as bandwidth and understanding potential cloud business concerns will help determine whether the cloud is a good fit.
- Key questions to ask a cloud disaster recovery provider
Cloud disaster recovery offers data protection without the need to invest in in-house infrastructure. This podcast sets out the vital questions you need to ask a cloud DR provider.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.