Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
- In WikiLeaks' wake, midmarket firms reassess public cloud computing risks
Public cloud computing risks are back in the spotlight following the Amazon.com-WikiLeaks debacle. Midmarket firms will be the ones to drive changes in transparency, experts say.
- LTO-5 tape can't stop backup hardware trend toward disk
Headlines: Faster LTO-5 tape can't stop backup hardware trend toward disk backup and deduplication devices; leading backup software vendors partner for new disk backup appliances.
- Q&A: Citrix's Crosby on XenServer and the cloudy future
XenServer is for more than XenDesktop, cloud computing is more than glorified server virtualisation and security concerns about the cloud are overstated, according to Citrix CTO Simon Crosby.
- IBM seeks specialised software partners
IBM's new certification and authorisation track gives VARs a degree of differentiation in the market, but it may also take out resellers that can't invest in industry expertise.
- Picking virtualization technologies: Top Systems Channel tips of 2010
The hottest Systems Channel tips of 2010 focused on virtualization technologies. SearchSystemsChannel.com also provided some popular tips for VARs to help them create a solid 2011 virtualization strategy.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- Mobile device malware growing, but smartphone threats still small
For several years running, security researchers have predicted that mobile malware will be the next big thing, but how concerned should organisations really be?
- Attack code surfaces for Internet Explorer zero-day vulnerability
The Metasploit Framework contains exploit code that targets a recently uncovered zero-day vulnerability in Internet Explorer.
- Citrix sics IntelliCache on virtual server I/O problems
A new local caching feature for virtual desktops may also address server I/O challenges. But it will take more development before it's ready for prime time in server virtualization environments.