Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 23, 2010
- Cheaper MLC NAND flash drives poised to drive enterprise SSD adoption
Analysts predict multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash solid-state drives (SSDs), automated tiering will drive adoption of solid-state storage in the enterprise
- Trends driving storage vendor consolidation and integrated IT stacks
The Vblock integrated stack from VMware, Cisco and EMC is pulling other companies in its wake as vendor consolidation continues. We look at the storage supplier scene entering 2011.
- Why did your virtualization implementation stall?
Your virtualization implementation can grid to a halt without the proper planning and support. Luckily, there are ways to overcome these hurdles and get back on track.
- Microsoft produces workaround for IE zero-day vulnerability
A new Microsoft advisory warns about the Internet Explorer zero-day and urges customers to use the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit to mitigate the flaw.
- VMware Site Recovery Manager: An exclusive look at the future
In the future, VMware Site Recovery Manager will have host-based replication and other new features. Expert Mike Laverick previews these yet-to-be-released VMware SRM capabilities.