Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, January 7, 2011
- Microsoft to patch critical IE vulnerability to block ongoing attacks
Microsoft will issue two security bulletins, addressing a critical vulnerability affecting all versions of WIndows.
- Maia 1Key provides HDFC Life with option for BI upgrade
HDFC Standard Life went for add-on deployment of Maia 1Key instead of revamping Cognos BI it had. Maia 1Key saved costs and offered web-enablement.
- Kotak Bank?s IT projects in 2011-12 to cover VDI, analytics
IT projects of Kotak Bank to include virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), customer analytics, and mobility in 2011-12
- Disaster recovery planning takes collocated route at CIBIL
As part of its disaster recovery planning phase, credit information bureau CIBIL opted for a co-located DR facility to ensure greater protection of info.
- Amazon beefs up customer support services, finally
After years of ho-hum service, Amazon Web Services has finally enhanced its customer support plans.
- Dell to enter Security as a Service market in 2011
With its buyout of SecureWorks, Dell is poised to become the latest competitor in the Security as a Service market; and more news in brief.
- Virtualisation in 2010 through a newbie's eyes
Senior News Writer Beth Pariseau, a storage industry veteran, looks back on her first year covering the server virtualisation market.
- Channel consolidation predicted, number of security VARs to decline
IT security vendors forecast security channel consolidation in the coming year, but a select few security VARs will survive and even grow.