Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
- Synchronizing the analytical MDM process with operational systems
Is analytical master data management just a starting point for enterprise MDM? Get consultant William McKnight?s take on the relationship between analytical and operational MDM.
- CIOs looking for ways to say yes to the iPad in the enterprise
CIOs are looking for ways to say yes to the iPad in the enterprise, despite the technological and cultural challenges associated with new mobile devices.
- VARs help tame customers' data recovery pain
For VARs, traumatic data recovery jobs can lead to backup and other new business.
- Adobe patches Flash zero-day flaw, critical Acrobat and Reader bugs
Issues updates to address Flash Player zero-day vulnerability; Adobe also patches Acrobat and Reader products to address a similar critical vulnerability.
- Dundee BI masters programme takes BI practitioners to next level
Dundee University?s business intelligence masters programme is training practitioners to take a step back, focus on user requirements and think about wider applications to science.
- IT disaster recovery plans should focus on power and hardware failures
Experts say IT disaster recovery plans should focus on the top threats to business continuity: power outages, hardware failures and lost communications.
- Microsoft System Center opens Windows to the cloud
Microsoft advanced System Center platforms and features. IT shops watch with interest but -- no shocker -- few are ready for cloud.
- Dell Viking micro server recast as PowerEdge C5000
The Dell Viking started out as a custom box for low-end dedicated hosting and has graduated to a full-fledged micro server platform.
- Adobe fixes critical Flash Player, Reader, Acrobat X flaws
The serious vulnerabilities could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of an affected system.
- PCI DSS UK compliance slow, but card fraud falls
Compliance with PCI DSS is still slow in the UK, but card fraud continues to fall, perhaps in part due to measures mandated or encouraged by the standard.
- Trends in ALM: Requirements Management Tools
Requirements management continues to be a challenge to software development organizations, but tool vendors are working to address those challenges. In this interview with Forrester analyst Mary Gerush, we hear about five important ALM trends in requirements management tools and explore questions organizations may want to consider when selecting a requirements management tool.
- PCI DSS offers call center PCI compliance tips
The payment card industry compliance standards body has released a new document to help contact centers protect sensitive customer data.
- Mobile payments prompt response from PCI DSS Council
Technologies that enable credit card payments via mobile phones have prompted the PCI Council to start a mobile task force.
- Storage virtualization technology pros and cons
Our podcast outlines pros and cons of storage virtualization technology, as well as how to choose between file-based and block-based storage virtualization.
- PCI DSS 2011: Key themes to watch
Thanks to the debut of PCI DSS 2.0, interest in PCI compliance is likely at an all-time high. Senior Site Editor Eric B. Parizo discusses why in his look at key PCI DSS 2011 issues.
- Associa revamps data storage management for virtual server environment
Associa needed a data storage management overhaul to keep up with years of expansion and a move to a virtual server environment; switches to Pillar Data SAN.