Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
- Cloud-based project management service gets projects off the ground
Companies looking for lightweight, low-overhead project management software are turning their attention skyward, to the cloud.
- Seclore takes browser-based IRM route with FileSecure update
Releases browser-based information rights management (IRM) system, with its latest FileSecure update. Seclore claims this is world?s first browser-based IRM.
- Oracle issues out-of-brand Apache update
Oracle Corp. has issued an out-of-brand security alert for its Fusion Middleware and Application Server products that addresses an Apache Web server flaw.
- Salesforce.com ramps up plans for CRM data integration
Salesforce.com has big plans for social customer profiles, but it might take a whiole for this concept of CRM data integration to fully translate into reality.
- Breach fears push federal cloud computing initiative to private cloud
Trapped between budget constraints and security fears, government agencies are increasingly opting for private clouds.
- Experts mull safety of EHR, medical device interoperability
A new safety committee is advising the FDA on theoretical scenarios that could eventually regulate biomedical device and EHR interoperability. CIOs should get prepared now.
- Legal risks abound for firms without a mobile device security policy
Companies without a mobile device security policy risk not only losing data, but also running afoul of the law.
- Collaboration tools to pick up pace by 2014: Gartner
Gartner predicts collaboration tools market to take off by 2014. Check out what will play a major role in this change.
- Measurement first among secure software development benchmarks
One expert says before implementing secure software development benchmarks, take stock of the security of existing applications.
- Cloud provider security requirements: What to look for
From auditing to physical security, there are a host of cloud provider security requirements that channel partners must suss out as they begin reselling the public cloud.
- Community cloud pushes Harvard out of the data center
Harvard's community cloud project will move the university into a new world of consuming IT resources as a utility.
- NSA: Growing cybersecurity threats demand defenders think like attackers
A top NSA cybersecurity official says the growing cybersecurity threat landscape requires that good guys think like attackers.
- Canadian lender picks SAP for banking over Open Solutions and Temenos
Financial institution Home Trust deployed SAP for banking after deciding the software would help it meet customer and operational demands.