Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 23, 2011
- Mac OS X Lion open to unauthorized password changes, user lock-out
Researcher finds flaw in OS X Lion that might allow an attacker to change passwords, as well as gain root privileges.
- Adobe Flash Player security update repairs dangerous XSS issue
Adobe said it is tracking reports that at least one of the coding errors is being actively targeted by attackers.
- Sanrad adds flash solid-state storage caching software, more news
Sanrad software caches data on flash solid-state storage; Seven10 Storage Software updates archiving software; Imation acquires IronKey’s data encryption business.
- FBI makes LulzSec arrests in Sony breach investigation
Attackers used SQL injection against Sony’s website to gain access to its internal server and steal sensitive data.
- Open Virtualization Alliance adds members: News in brief
The OVA has grown to more than 200 members, NASA adopts Vblock, VMware Labs presents a new fling called VPT, and more news in brief.
- Exchange Server 2007 SP3 Rollup 5 fixes 13 issues
Many IT shops still rely on Exchange Server 2007. If that includes you, check out the 13 fixes in Exchange 2007 SP3 Update Rollup 5.
- Manufacturers face global patchwork of e-invoicing regulations
European countries mandate different digital signatures. Latin America requires government-issued invoice numbers before trucks can roll. Manufacturers are struggling to keep up.