Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
- Oracle, HP should graduate from kindergarten, user says
Oracle?s decision to stop supporting development on Itanium has left companies like Swiss department store Manor in the lurch.
- BYOD risk outweighs benefits: 56% of ISACA?s Indian Survey respondents
Indian edition of ISACA?s online shopping and bring your own device (BYOD) security survey highlights rise in BYOD trends that put enterprises at risk.
- Duqu installer contains Microsoft Windows zero-day vulnerability
The newly discovered installer has yielded information on how systems are infected, prompting new guidance on ways to bolster defenses.
- Quality metrics: The economics of software quality ? Part one
In the first of a three-part interview with co-authors Capers Jones and Olivier Bonsignour, we are introduced to their new book, ?The Economics of Software Quality.? They describe ?structural quality? vs. ?functional quality,? along with challenges and advice about avoiding pitfalls related to measuring structural quality.
- Quality metrics: Software quality attributes and their rankings ? Part two
How much do Agile techniques, Agile methodologies, automation, certifications, and a formal QA team affect quality? In this second part of a three-part interview, we explore some of the 121 software quality attributes ranked by quality value.
- Quality metrics: Changes in the way we measure quality ? Part three
Over the years, the way we have developed software has changed, and thus the way we measure software quality has changed. In this third of our three-part interview with Capers Jones and Olivier Bonsignour, co-authors of ?The Economics of Software Quality,? we look at changes in software development practices such as dispersed teams and defect tracking, and how these changes affect the way we measure software quality.
- News in brief: Green House Data?s new partner program
Green House data now has a partner program that offers partners 50% margins; HP tries out Windows 8 on the obsolete TouchPad; more news in brief.
- Lessons learned on the way to getting meaningful use payments
Good governance, project management and workflow analysis will help hospitals meet meaningful use today. Tomorrow, though, the focus will shift to health information exchange.
- New book explores benefits, perils of data virtualization tools
Composite Software's Robert Eve talks about his new book, which delves into 10 data virtualization software case studies.
- Report: Economy in turmoil, IT budgets and new projects fading
As optimism waned in 2011, so did IT budgets for new projects, according to Forrester's budget benchmark. CIOs must drive down operating costs in 2012 for IT to play a strategic role.
- Savvis: Building a secure cloud, from multi-tenancy to hybrid hosting
Cloud providers are under immense pressure to deliver a secure cloud. In the second part of this Q&A, Savvis' CTO outlines top security challenges cloud providers face.
- Getting employees on board with an ERP rollout
ERP rollouts can be overwhelming for employees. These best practices will help the process run smoothly.
- SNW Europe 2011: Conference coverage
Find out what took place at SNW Europe in Frankfurt, Germany, this year. See pictures and read tips and blogs from sessions.
- Firms see public cloud storage as tape alternative in remote sites
Headlines: Los Angeles school district and engineering firm Psomas use public cloud storage gateways as tape alternatives for data protection in remote offices.