Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
- IaaS cloud computing is a hot trend in the Indian SMB space ? AMI
IaaS cloud computing is the hot trend to watch out for in the Indian SMB space, says AMI Partners. Find out why IaaS cloud computing clicks.
- News in brief: Dell offers new entry-level SMB bundle
Dell is offering a new bundle to SMBs who need a server infrastructure; Cisco and Neutral Tandem will now offer a hosted collaboration service through partners; more news in brief.
- IBM welcomes Windows to zEnterprise mainframe family
As promised, IBM will support Windows Server as part of its zEnterprise BladeCenter Extension, or zBX.
- Uncover data secrets with retail analytics
Retail analytics expert Emmett Cox explores the challenges of ?big data? and provides tips for businesses to make use of the information they?ve collected.
- Palo Alto, SonicWall offer branch office next-generation firewalls
Palo Alto Networks and SonicWall announced next-generation firewalls priced for branch office networks and SMBs.
- From the Editors: Can a data scientist save your 'big data' project?
Collecting "big data" is easy; analyzing it can cause headaches. But some companies are turning to an emerging position, the data scientist, to help them sift through their heaps of data.
- Hard drive shortage ripples through channel
Flooding in Thailand has caused hard drive manufacturing to halt, and solution providers are getting pinched on hard drive prices and systems delivery. Some suggest that storage management strategy changes could help.
- CIOs aren?t letting cloud security risks derail move to the cloud
CIOs are getting a handle on cloud security risks by turning to trusted service providers and doing their due diligence prior to contract negotiations. Still, concerns linger.
- Enterprise collaboration platforms go social -- or at least try to
To meet end users? expectations in the age of Facebook, more vendors are adding social collaboration features to their enterprise collaboration platforms.
- ?Puss in Boots? expands DreamWorks? NAS cluster
Headlines: Making animated movies is storage-intensive work ? DreamWorks has 6 PB of capacity, including 1 PB on scale-out NAS cluster for rendering.
- FBI takes down DNS Changer botnet; aided $14 million click fraud scheme
Six Estonians were arrested Tuesday as part of the largest botnet takedown ever. The DNS Changer botnet aided a $14 million click-fraud scheme.