Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
- Top 10 storage trends in 2011: solid-state technology, cloud, big data make a mark
Solid-state technology was a common theme in news stories covering storage trends in 2011, but cloud storage, VM backup and big data each gained their share of attention.
- Group pushes for social media measurement standards
Consultant and author Katie Paine has formed a social media standards group to create definitions and best practices for defining customer relationships, influence and engagement.
- Google Gmail doesn't meet LAPD security needs
Worried about email security, the Los Angeles city government kills plans to move the LAPD to Gmail.
- Spear phishing attacks likely key in U.S. Chamber of Commerce breach, experts say
Spear phishing attacks from attackers in China were likely the key in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce breach, experts say.
- Zappos cloud security strategy: Distributed management
Zappos might be owned by cloud king Amazon, but the organization is still grappling with creating a measured cloud security strategy. The answer? Distributed management.
- Shell-shocked HP enterprise shops look forward to uneventful 2012
After a tumultuous 2011, things are finally looking up for loyal Hewlett-Packard enterprise customers. But HP isn?t out of the woods yet.
- EMC, customers stung by hard drive shortages from Thailand floods
Headlines: EMC informs its partners and customers that it will increase list prices of its hard drives starting Jan. 1 as a result of the shortages caused by Thailand?s floods.
- Copper keeper: Advanced data visualization helps curtail copper thefts
A Virginia-based energy company is relying on advanced data visualization, geospatial data and visual analytics to stay a step ahead of thieves who?ve taken a shine to copper wire.