Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, February 9, 2012
- Survey: Types of DDoS attacks on the rise due to hacktivist groups
New DDoS statistics suggest hactivist groups are to blame for an increase in the number and types of DDoS attacks across the Internet.
- SIP Forum to showcase SIP trunking interoperability for enterprises
The SIP Forum has announced SIPconnect-IT, a live testing initiative for SIP trunking interoperability, which could lower SIP trunking costs and complexity.
- Wireless intrusion prevention system smartens school district Wi-Fi
With AirMagnet?s wireless intrusion prevention system and RF spectrum analysis, a large school district improved wireless LAN security and solved Wi-Fi interference problems.
- Android app security offers IT little comfort, despite Google Bouncer
Google?s new Bouncer tool aims to relieve some IT woes by scanning Android Market apps for malware. But Android app security concerns remain.
- Cloud infrastructure providers remain hot commodities
Cloud infrastructure providers attracted the attention of acquisitive suitors last year. Profitable cloud vendors this year will catch the eye of telecoms.
- Oracle purchase of Taleo indicates rising SaaS trend
Oracle has spent $3.4 billion on Taleo and RightNow in the past few months, showing that it is serious about hosting applications in the cloud for its customers.
- Brocade improves cloud scalability, scripting functionality for ADCs
By adding Perl-based OpenScript to its application delivery controller, ServerIron ADX, Brocade offers service providers greater cloud scalability and customization options.
- Red Sox hit home run with custom Microsoft CRM app
The Boston Red Sox spent seven years searching for a CRM system to handle ticketing and fan engagement before selecting a custom version of Microsoft CRM.
- Integrating Juniper QFabric into your existing data center network
In this video, learn how to integrate Juniper QFabric into existing data center architecture, taking into account the issues that can be associated with the technology.
- Online Trust Alliance guide offers tips for data protection strategies
With the number and severity of breaches increasing, data protection strategies are vital. To help, the Online Trust Alliance has released a guide to online data protection.
- February 2012 Patch Tuesday to address 21 vulnerabilities
Microsoft plans to fix coding errors in Internet Explorer, .NET Silverlight and Microsoft Office.
- DevOps, Opscode Chef automate online auction site?s private cloud
A darling of the DevOps crowd, the Opscode Chef cloud configuration and automation tool is now the central point of IT control for MercadoLibre?s sprawling online auction site.
- As social media expands, companies need to center social CRM plans
With social CRM gaining popularity, companies need to identify their audiences are and what social media sites and technology they use, analysts say.