SolarWinds releases slew of network management upgrades
SolarWinds has made a host of changes to its network management portfolio, including adding Network Insight for Palo Alto Networks and centralized upgrades, among others.
SolarWinds has updated its network management portfolio, including adding Network Insight for Palo Alto Networks and changes to SolarWinds Orion Platform, to bring more data visibility and scalability to IT professionals.
The Network Insight features are designed to simplify the management of complicated network devices by providing information for each device's role, according to SolarWinds. It now also includes support for Palo Alto Networks firewalls to block dangerous traffic.
Additionally, with Network Insight for Palo Alto Networks, users can analyze security policies to see how they've changed over time, as well as inspect the traffic flowing through the policies. Users can also monitor site-to-site VPN tunnels.
On Orion Platform, users can utilize PerfStack dashboards to correlate service delivery data with traditional metrics, such as interface, CPU and memory utilization. Network Insight features are also available for Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance firewalls, Cisco Nexus switches and F5 BIG-IP load balancers.
Network Insight for Palo Alto Networks is available in SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA), Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and User Device Tracker (UDT).
Within its network management software, SolarWinds has also added the following updates:
- Orion Maps: Orion Maps use data in Orion Platform to build maps that come alive with current status and performance. Now, users can customize these maps and add them to any dashboard.
- Centralized upgrades: Users can now upgrade a large, distributed environment from a single location.
- Azure SQL Database: SolarWinds has added Azure SQL Database as a deployment option for users in Orion Platform, expanding deployment options for customers both on premises or in the cloud.
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer: This now supports IPv6, which expands visibility into both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic detail.
- VoIP & Network Quality Manager: VNQM delivers real-time call metrics and Session Initiation Protocol trunk utilization from Cisco Unified Border Element.
- IP Address Manager: IPAM expands a self-service portal for IP address requests, which improves notifications and enables users to add custom fields and process requests with more control.
The SolarWinds network management portfolio updates are available now.
The prices are as follows:
- SolarWinds NPM starts at $2,955.
- NTA starts at $1,945.
- VNQM starts at $1,695.
- NCM starts at $2,995.
- IPAM starts at $1,995.
- UDT starts at $1,895.